The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Agreed. - unfortunate from an asset perspective.

he's been a decent placeholder when's he's been able to play.

concussions are nasty - even more so with modern medicine and corporate insurance policies.

Yeah i've had one and their not pleasant, however on point, it sure takes away from the value of a player when it comes to trades. We seem to be a concussion prone team these days.

Not sure if anything can be done helmet wise to prevent some of it but hopefully it does get addressed somehow.

7 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i doubt he gets any game time

he is depth in case someone else cannot play

a reward for his good showing in utica

I think he will be playing they are bring his parents out for the game tomorrow night.. I talked to Zac's cousin at 10:30 today..

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Dude, Zack is better than archie in a lot of ways, even putting him in the category is an insult. Guy has skill first and grit second that happen to be equal measure but just because he has grit to go along with a pretty good skillset does not relagate him automatically to 3-4th line duty for the rest of his life as many folk here would think. His skillset imo is 2nd line which is no stretch of the imagination.

90097fd761013fbac3bb5360d562a2ae.jpg

This is the Dude.  Doesn't look a bit like me :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah i've had one and their not pleasant, however on point, it sure takes away from the value of a player when it comes to trades. We seem to be a concussion prone team these days.

Not sure if anything can be done helmet wise to prevent some of it but hopefully it does get addressed somehow.

Interesting point, it seems those blind side hits/from behind do more damage than anything. My guess is there's not much you can do to the helmet as the concussion is literally your brain banging around and hitting your skull. Unless they go to a harder shell like football, I am not sure much can be done to protect someone, I am guessing with all the research they do, they've tried to address that in their design.

9 hours ago, Pickly said:

He’s not gonna work on this team. The Canucks don’t have a the roster makeup nor a coach who’s willing to see him through and play him to his strengths. You can tell Green is at his wits ends with Goldy.

They should move him and Boucher to Az for a pick or 2, Az can reunite the junior line of Goldy, Galchenyuk and Boucher, it might work. Seems to have worked for Strome with Debrincat. They will be horrendous defensively but they will probably score some pretty goals! LOL

I took some heat earlier in the year when I called for Goldy to be sat when he was like 3rd on the team in scoring! Just ask Hutton wink! 

What I never liked about Goldy.

(1) his shot is not top 6 

(2) he does not have top 6 speed for his style of game.

(3) Elias is already the set up man on his line, Don't need another player who likes to zig zag and set up players would be OK if he could blow shots by goalies!

(4) His work ethic to skill level is closer to Kyle Wellwood>

(5) Dhalin probably would have outperformed Goldy this year!

19 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I took some heat earlier in the year when I called for Goldy to be sat when he was like 3rd on the team in scoring! Just ask Hutton wink! 

(3) Elias is already the set up man on his line, Don't need another player who likes to zig zag and set up players would be OK if he could blow shots by goalies!

You’re about to catch some heat from me for that spelling of Dahlen. I hope that’s who you were going for at least. If not, double yikes.

20 minutes ago, cory40 said:

So what you're saying is that his work ethic and skill level are that of a man possessed?

9 hours ago, oldnews said:

I love Virtuzzi, but comparing him to Sutter is off imo - very different players - and a role that as good as JV is, he will probably never be able to play.

Sutter is an elite shutdown center.  JV is a developing two-way winger - I don't see the point in claiming he's 'better' than Sutter - or even those other wingers for that matter - again very different types of players.

LOL that made me laugh. You probably haven't been watching the games too much. Sutter is barely adequate, let alone elite. Vittuzzi? Really? You know who are  2 very different players? Bertuzzi and Virtanen

Archived