The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

JB you placed the team in a precarious situation with only 2 goalies signed and no insurance plan in the AHL.  Especially when McKenna was claimed and Bachman got hurt, it was your job to find someone.

To have to place a 19 year old in net tonight was a reflection of your poor planning.  Fix it please.

With that aside, I really like MacEwen.  I swear, Canucks should pair up with McDonalds and have Big Macs at games.

Baptism by fire: welcome to the Canucks DiPietro. He did alright considering he's a junior level goalie. Shades of Legace in Vegas last year. A few odd bounces but a couple of sniped that shows he's not ready at this level. A learning experience for him. 

MacEwan was definitely refreshing. Glad he got a point tonight. 

Sick pass by Petey on the first goal.

JB's first order of business: find a 3rd string goalie.

4 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Call up Gaudette to replace Sutter (IR)
Call up Sautner and Schenn

Send down/try to trade Pouliot and Biega

It's time to give these kids a chance. Our D core is abysmal 

Time to move on from a few guys on the team. Screw trades to make the playoffs lets trade a couple guys or send em down to make space for people who can actually try. That was like some last season with Willie D effort tonight by most.

Oh yeah... the Sharks are a REALLY good team... they had a slow start to the season, but right now they are rolling.

I would not be surprised to see them win the Division... and challenge for the Conference.  In fact would not be surprised to see them in the final again.  The fact is, Karlsson (not Eriksson :P) has not been playing up to his potential... and if he gets going for the playoffs, then the Sharks will be a force to be reckoned with.

6 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

That actually makes a ton of sense. Could actually see this happening. Plus after this they gotta be signing Leighton out of Utica. He’s showed well since he’s come to the team. I actually like him better than waiting for McKenna.

I feel awful for Mikey. He was put in a situation way over his head. Hadn’t played a single pro game, got absolutely shelled in the first, and the defence was absolute garbage this game and hung him out to dry numerous times. It’s clear he’s not ready to play in the NHL, but he’s a tough kid. I don’t think this will have too big of an impact.

The team in front of him has absolutely no excuses for how they played. Absolute crap effort save for the occasional spurt here and there.

Congrats to Zach for his first point. The only real positive from this game.  

Forget this game ASAP and move on

5 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

McEneny should get a shot too...or does he not have a NHL contract?

I feel like those who blame DiPietro for the loss just look at the boxscore. Do you not realize how big of a jump it is from junior straight to the NHL.

Silver lining, DiPietro payed a better game tonight then Bachman did against the Wild. He'll be back.

That wasn't Mikey's fault tonight. The defense is so bad. Markstrom's been playing out of his mind. Just a tough break for Mikey. We'll see when Demko returns but there's a chance Mikey plays 1 more game if the rumors are true and Markstrom is actually injured on any level. If Markstrom is injured, I expect a trade will be made tonight and announced in the morning.

Zack MacEwen looks like he belongs in the lineup. Definitely liked what he brought. He'll get better with more playing time. Rough game for him to debut in, much like Mikey.

Looks like Gaudette is back up with Sutter going down. Will Sutter be shut down for the season? We'll see it. (Probably not).

This d-core is BAD. Brisebois needs to come in and hell, maybe Schenn or Sautner too. This d-core needs to be fixed NOW. Hughes can't get here soon enough.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It’s not easy to come from junior and play in the NHL. We hung him out to dry on a few of those goals. It wasn’t a good enough effort from our team. We gave them too many Grade-A chances and they made us pay.” - Horvat

Accountable. Well said, Bo. You guys were definitely not good enough tonight. 

Every one was a minus or more except for two players....boeser and.....

wait for it.....

Granlund

both had goose eggs.

Archived