The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The fact is, Eriksson has not been playing up to his potential... and if he gets going for the playoffs, then the Sharks will be a force to be reckoned with.

I do hope Eriksson plays for the Sharks. :lol:

1 minute ago, Darius said:

been trying hard to support Guddy..  I think at this point Luke schenn  would provide at least as much in terms of actual defensive hockey and probably more snarl in the d zone. 

Lately, he's not shown much of anything that really inspires me to want to see him stay here. 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“A dream come true getting the start. You never want to let in the first shot, but I felt better as the game went on. There are lessons I’ll take from this and work on to end this season and throughout the summer.” - DiPietro

Good on him. Go back and work hard. Come back and play with a chip on your shoulder and like you want to prove any doubters wrong 

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

That wasn't Mikey's fault tonight. The defense is so bad. Markstrom's been playing out of his mind. Just a tough break for Mikey. We'll see when Demko returns but there's a chance Mikey plays 1 more game if the rumors are true and Markstrom is actually injured on any level. If Markstrom is injured, I expect a trade will be made tonight and announced in the morning.

Zack MacEwen looks like he belongs in the lineup. Definitely liked what he brought. He'll get better with more playing time. Rough game for him to debut in, much like Mikey.

Looks like Gaudette is back up with Sutter going down. Will Sutter be shut down for the season? We'll see it. (Probably not).

This d-core is BAD. Brisebois needs to come in and hell, maybe Schenn or Sautner too. This d-core needs to be fixed NOW. Hughes can't get here soon enough.

Exactly this, and also the reason JB has to realistically assess this team and still manage his assets to build for next year and beyond. 

Moving Sutter and Granlund for picks is a must. I understand the value Sutter brings on the defensive side but that also gives him a lot of value to a contender. Our team doesn’t have enough depth on the back end or enough skill up front, meaning we still need picks. With Beagle here; he can take the third line heavy minutes. Gaudette can handle 10 mins on the 4th line. For PK we have Beagle, Erickson, Motte, Roussel, Bo etc. Sutter is not that big of a loss. This team is a bunch of competitors for sure but we need more defense and skill. Picks are needed.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“A dream come true getting the start. You never want to let in the first shot, but I felt better as the game went on. There are lessons I’ll take from this and work on to end this season and throughout the summer.” - DiPietro

Positive guy. Smart and resilient. Well done, Mikey. 

Pettersson was on his game tonight just can’t do it all himself

disgraceful first period for the Canucks playing in front of a baby face rookie. No help at all.

dipietro learnt ALOT tonight and that'll motivate him to train hard in the off season knowing what it’s really like to play against pro’s 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes, keep your head up kiddo. That was a ritual game to become a Canucks goalie.

Archived