The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Marek Mazanec to Canucks for 2020 7th-round pick

On 2/12/2019 at 12:27 PM, Alflives said:

I thought guys only require waivers when sending them down?  We tried to send McKenna down, and he got plucked.  I think JB’s mistake was trading Nilsen for a guy already in the NHL.  He should have got a guy already in the AHL in return.  

Nilsson needed to go Alf, that relationship with Green was not good, the new goalie coach wasn't getting through and tbh I wonder if he was trying to get moved. Look at how his play suddenly picks up once he's gone. He needed to go, we have a great locker room now and don't need guys like that. I'm sure he would have loved to get the perfect AHL goalie fit back but there's no guarantee at all that waiting would have produced that opportunity and we likely lose Nilsson to waivers and Demko  gets hurt anyway. 

As far as this whole thing goes, I think we can take Jim at his word by now that the cost was either way too high like a 2nd or 3rd, and there just wasn't any talent worth getting until Mazanec became expendable on the Rangers. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Nilsson needed to go Alf, that relationship with Green was not good, the new goalie coach wasn't getting through and tbh I wonder if he was trying to get moved. Look at how his play suddenly picks up once he's gone. He needed to go, we have a great locker room now and don't need guys like that. I'm sure he would have loved to get the perfect AHL goalie fit back but there's no guarantee at all that waiting would have produced that opportunity and we likely lose Nilsson to waivers and Demko  gets hurt anyway. 

As far as this whole thing goes, I think we can take Jim at his word by now that the cost was either way too high like a 2nd or 3rd, and there just wasn't any talent worth getting until Mazanec became expendable on the Rangers. 

Good points Jimmy.  And how long before the Flyers put Mckenna on waivers, and we get him back anyway?  

Archived