The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Frk

Provost

Dude is highly skilled but hasn’t put it all together, wonder what happened to his development.  They aren’t exactly stocked with high end talent.

Must be more to the story as he was waived by Carolina too.

Not sure if we have the room for him depending on length of injuries, but a low risk pick up for some team.

We could sure use some skill on a 2nd unit PP...

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Dude is highly skilled but hasn’t put it all together, wonder what happened to his development.  They aren’t exactly stocked with high end talent.

Must be more to the story as he was waived by Carolina too.

Not sure if we have the room for him depending on length of injuries, but a low risk pick up for some team.

We could sure use some skill on a 2nd unit PP...

:wacko:

1 goal in 25 games.

68.6% ozone starts

47.4% corsi

What more "story" do you need?

Can't produce in easy minutes - and additionally, has really bad 'possession' numbers.

Just what the 2nd powerplay unit needzzz

'Jesus Murphy, glad you're not our GM'.

Can't see the value of a Sutter, but wants to claim any longshot project that hits the waiver wire.

Claim all the waiverz! 

'highly skillz'!

36 minutes ago, oldnews said:

:wacko:

1 goal in 25 games.

68.6% ozone starts

47.4% corsi

What more "story" do you need?

Can't produce in easy minutes - and additionally, has really bad 'possession' numbers.

Just what the 2nd powerplay unit needzzz

'Jesus Murphy, glad you're not our GM'.

Can't see the value of a Sutter, but wants to claim any longshot project that hits the waiver wire.

Claim all the waiverz! 

'highly skillz'!

Add lack of reading comprehension to your long list of flaws.

-  I didn’t say we should

claim him.  I said he is a low risk for “some team”

-  Our 2nd unit PP CAN use some skill, it has your favourite player Sutter on it, and he is where offence goes to die.

-  Giving lots of money and term to your favourite below average players is far different than picking up someone for free on a low salary as a temporary replacement when injuries hit. 

- The only risk is to whatever team picked him up is a contract spot for the rest of the season, and there is a chance to have the player find some chemistry in a new system, new opportunity, or with different line mates (see Leivo). 

-  11 goals, 25 points playing 10 minutes a game in 68 games last year.  Same PPG output as Goldobin had but with fewer minutes.  

I wont be too surprised to see him picked up.  Still young enough to become a useful NHL player.

26 minutes ago, Provost said:

-  Our 2nd unit PP CAN use some skill, it has your favourite player Sutter on it, and he is where offence goes to die.

-  Giving lots of money and term to your favourite below average players is far different than picking up someone for free on a low salary as a temporary replacement when injuries hit. 

- The only risk is to whatever team picked him up is a contract spot for the rest of the season, and there is a chance to have the player find some chemistry in a new system, new opportunity, or with different line mates (see Leivo). 

-  11 goals, 25 points playing 10 minutes a game in 68 games last year.  Same PPG output as Goldobin had but with fewer minutes.  

I wont be too surprised to see him picked up.  Still young enough to become a useful NHL player.

That's ironic, considering Sutter had 11 goals and 25 points in fewer games while getting 22.6% ozone starts in a shutdown role.

Goldobin has 25 pts in 50 games btw - not the same ppg as 25 in 68.....as you list my flaws lol.

Alex fn Biega has 1g and 4a to match Frk this year - in fewer games (18).....maybe he's the answer to the powerplay unit.

Your posts are where hockey knowledge goes to die.

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That's ironic, considering Sutter had 11 goals and 25 points in fewer games while getting 22.6% ozone starts in a shutdown role.

Goldobin has 25 pts in 50 games btw - not the same ppg as 25 in 68.....as you list my flaws lol.

I’m sorry sir provost provides very useful and timely updates to this forum. I just usually observe but I have been around for quite some time. 

32 minutes ago, oldnews said:

More random cherry picked stats from you as usual.  You are the definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.  Dude who thinks he is the smarter one in the room and everyone else is just shaking their heads.

All you do is post how dumb other folks are while using whatever argument fits your need at the time... You make the reverse argument on another thread of it fits your purpose at the time (“Hey look at this stat to prove how horrible that player you like is!” .... “wait, you can’t use that stat to measure players.. my favourite player sucks at that stat, but has intangibles instead.”)

If you are cherry picking Frks totals from this year to denigrate him as you are, than compare that with Sutter’s points from THIS YEAR.  Sutter has 6 points total in 26 games, playing double the minutes of Frk, including prime minutes on our 2nd unit PP.  

Goldobin last year had the exact same PPG totals as Frk did last year.... but with more TOI, exactly what I posted (more reading comprehension issues on your part again).  Again, you selectively chery pick whatever data makes your case by pulling out different years to compare instead of comparing apples to apples.  Throw Frk or any other marginal player similar to Goldobin on a line with Petterson and they are going to rack up a lot of secondary assists.

You have misread and then purposefully misrepresented my post to make false arguments.  Your weird fetish for me continues and your are deeply unpleasant.

2 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Looks like hes got a clapper from the point :shock:

It is pretty much his main skill, somehow hasn’t built anything around it.

One of those weird ones, he has a lot of intensity so it isn’t laziness and floating around.  He skates well and had good hockey sense and production at lower levels.  Just hasn’t put it together in the NHL, though he hasn’t had a ton of opportunity.

He has been waived by two teams though and got beat out for roster spots at a few training camps, that says something.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

a bit too simplistic

he also costs us a roster spot

who are you going to move off the roster (please provide the player name)

a  more established player?

for a fringe pick up ?

why??????

Archived