The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Cam Talbot to Flyers for Anthony Stolarz

55 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

You're sure about that Blue Dragon?  McD is not a happy camper despite all the posturing

It really sucks for hockey fwiw

Heh... you know what it’s Edmonton, so unless he gets the hell out soon he may die out too.

That would be a huge waste of a guy of his talent.

Apparently Carter Hart and Cam Talbot are close training buddies.  Looks like a move to bring more security for next year and years going forward as Cam mentors Carter.

Stolarz also has to play 10 more games to become exempt from UFA group VI status and become reverted back to an RFA status.  Considering Edmonton's dumpster fire situation, I'm sure he will easily crack 10 games.

7 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Hot damn. Guess we're never seeing McKenna again. :P

This means the opposite ! ( maybe ! )

If Phillie doesn't flip Talbot or Elliot, they have too many goalies. McKenna has been one of three at the NHL level. It's not unheard of, but not what generally works.

If Phillie stands pat, Elliot is on a conditioning stint and they will soon have four at the NHL level. Hmmmm !!!

Stolarz was dealt because Oilers have to make cap space available for Sekera's return. Phillie needs to move two goalies off their current roster !

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

This means the opposite ! ( maybe ! )

If Phillie doesn't flip Talbot or Elliot, they have too many goalies. McKenna has been one of three at the NHL level. It's not unheard of, but not what generally works.

If Phillie stands pat, Elliot is on a conditioning stint and they will soon have four at the NHL level. Hmmmm !!!

Stolarz was dealt because Oilers have to make cap space available for Sekera's return. Phillie needs to move two goalies off their current roster !

Roster limits are lifted at the TDL.  They sent Elliott down on the 12th and don't have to recall him before 2 weeks which is after the TDL.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Roster limits are lifted at the TDL.  They sent Elliott down on the 12th and don't have to recall him before 2 weeks which is after the TDL.  

Thanks. Had not thought about that factor. Really don't see where McKenna fits into a healthy Flyer roster tho'. Also suspect that the Flyers will try to move Elliot. I think they would like to get McKenna to the AHL . I still think that the Canucks claim him back if given the option. Without a healthy Demko, they are in a somewhat similar situation to the one that led to DiPietro being forced to play. ( the Flyers may even have a plan to move Talbot ! .......time will tell )

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Traded a starting goalie and don't even get a draft pick. Guy they traded for is an AHL goalie at best. Man I'm really starting to think Guddy could get us pool party... :lol:

Welcome to the salary cap era. Also you have it backwards. They are trying to lose cap so no way they want guddy's dead weight contract

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree.  Why do the .gleyers do this, when .hart is so great? 

Free upgrade on goalie. What if Hart gets injured? You never pass up an opportunity to improve your team no matter how insignificant.

11 hours ago, Xbox said:

That's why I had some small hope EDM would make the playoffs but that last spot is ours. I just don't want them to get a chance at 1st overall because they don't deserve it and they're inching so close to it.

I also think that Finnish player Kakko will go first overall.

Ditto

Archived