The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-Nas

To Van:

Dante Fabbro- 6'0/180lb/RD - Bring this BC boy home, would look great paired up with Hughes or Juolevi in the future. 23 points in 27 games with Bos. University this season. 

To Nas

Baertschi - I'm a big fan of Baer, but he is injured too often to be a full time top sixer. When healthy provides the preds with scoring depth and a great PP option. Hopefully healthy in time for the playoffs.

Goldobin - Baertschi's injuries severly hurt his value, so another potential scoring winger would have to go with him for fair trade value. Don't see much of a future for Goldy with this team, he's better off as a supporting piece for Nashville and not a core member of Vancouver. Prospects such as Dalhen, Lind and Gadjovich with leap frog him for top six minutes in the future. 

Nashville needs scoring depth on the wings for right now, this trade provides that. Though the Canucks need scoring wingers as well, we are still in a rebuild and it would be better long term to build a really strong D-core. We already have great prospects on the wing, plus we can always draft one this year, and wingers are easier to sign in the offseason. Hughes, Juolevi, Woo and Fabbro would be an envious top four to have if they get even remotely close to their full potential. 

I really don't see Nashville parting with Fabbro for Baertschi and Goldobin. Deal would have to be quite a bit for enticing for the Predators to let go of a d-man that is poised to be a top 4 guy who will produce some solid offense.

5 minutes ago, Blazer8717 said:

To Van:

Dante Fabbro- 6'0/180lb/RD - Bring this BC boy home, would look great paired up with Hughes or Juolevi in the future. 23 points in 27 games with Bos. University this season. 

To Nas

Baertschi - I'm a big fan of Baer, but he is injured too often to be a full time top sixer. When healthy provides the preds with scoring depth and a great PP option. Hopefully healthy in time for the playoffs.

Goldobin - Baertschi's injuries severly hurt his value, so another potential scoring winger would have to go with him for fair trade value. Don't see much of a future for Goldy with this team, he's better off as a supporting piece for Nashville and not a core member of Vancouver. Prospects such as Dalhen, Lind and Gadjovich with leap frog him for top six minutes in the future. 

Nashville needs scoring depth on the wings for right now, this trade provides that. Though the Canucks need scoring wingers as well, we are still in a rebuild and it would be better long term to build a really strong D-core. We already have great prospects on the wing, plus we can always draft one this year, and wingers are easier to sign in the offseason. Hughes, Juolevi, Woo and Fabbro would be an envious top four to have if they get even remotely close to their full potential. 

baer is injured so he does not help

so the premise of the trade is flawed

nashville is expected to give up a lot for immediate help

which they will not be getting

NAS could use some depth on wing to make a deep run, no arguement there. A concussed top 6 and a lazy project are not going to do the trick. 

I wouldn't mind bringing Dante into the fold, but it's been noted by those in power that he ain't going nowhere. To which I would reply - every player has their price - but this ain't it.. 

30 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

It is laughable and insulting to include Baer in any deal when he is dealing with PTSD. Nashville would never do this until he was at least symptom free, and even then they might have reservations.

he has post concussion syndrome / or symptoms

ptsd is a significantly different medical issue

Fabbro can land away for then Beartchi injury prone and Goldy....Nashville Trade never happens...

Fabbro will given Nashville a top 4 D man only 20.......   Would cost us Virtanen and Goldy and 3rd 2020

I would stick to rebuild and not give up Jake.....I really believe Jake will be a 20-23 goal guy in 2 yrs

Love me some Baer but he's not fetching you anywhere near his full value cause of the concussion history. At this point we are hoping and praying that he can ever play the game again.

Goldy is in and out of our garbage lineup. How is he supposed to stick on a far superior team? They'd be better off throwing lessers assets than you propose and get Brassard as a rental. Florida won't keep him, they aren't really in the playoff hunt, and it'd be cheaper than giving up Fabbro for a guy that may never play again and a guy that can't even stick with our poopy team.

10 hours ago, Blazer8717 said:

To Van:

To Nas

Baer might be done, his concussion history makes him worthless at this point

Archived