The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anti-vaccination, whats old is new again

JM_

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For those who think that not having their children vaccinated is a personal choice and doesn't have an effect on anyone else, here's an example of the consequences:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/health/measles-israeli-baby-us-caution/index.html

More in the link....

So sad to hear.  Anti-vaccers affect the young, old and those who can't get it for medical reasons.  The excuse "well no one gets it anymore" was because so many were vaccinated that the disease had such difficulty grabbing victims and now with this new wave over the past 10-15 years its really starting to rear its ugly head.  I wish the best for this child, I can't imagine if my son got sick like this what it would feel like, especially at such a young age its not like the kid has a good fight since the body is still developing so much and this is just like a big road block to the body.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the kind of tactics that the Anti-Vaxxer crowd will stoop to:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/mother-of-child-who-died-angry-anti-vaccine-page-used-girls-image-on-facebook/ar-AABmbMZ?li=AAggXBV

The mother of a young Newfoundland girl who died last summer is furious her daughter's altered image was used online as part of an anti-vaccination campaign.

She has screenshots showing someone posted on a Facebook page an image of Nevaeh Denine's face, with text claiming her death was related to vaccines.

The girl, who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma at an early age, was well known in Newfoundland and Labrador for starting a lemonade stand to raise money for children with cancer.

Holly Denine learned about the falsified image of her daughter late last week and urged friends and family to do all they could to eliminate it and prevent it from being shared on social media.

Denine says her daughter used social media to raise thousands of dollars for sick children before her death last August, shortly after she turned nine.

She says she had worried that someone might exploit her daughter's photo to raise money.

"I always feared it would be used for GoFundMe or something like that," she said. "So this really took me off guard."

Denine said vaccination can be essential, especially for children whose immune systems are weakened, and she says she's angry her child was used to spread false information about vaccines.

A spokesperson for Facebook said in an email the social media company is looking into the incident.

It takes a special kind of scumbag to use the death of a child to promote an agenda...especially when that agenda is based off of misinformation.<_<