The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkins contract rights and its value.

Krumpalicious

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

1982 -Stanley Cup Finals

1994 - Stanley Cup Finals

2010 - Stanley Cup Finals

All indications are pointing to a successful rebuilding process that has the Canucks near playoff contention.

can't wait!

25 minutes ago, Me_ said:

1982 -Stanley Cup Finals

2010 - Stanley Cup Finals

All indications are pointing to a successful rebuilding process that has the Canucks near playoff contention.

just gotta change that too 2011 though.

8 hours ago, Krumpalicious said:

This article I read from Canucks army isn’t exactly new. It’s from October, and some of you may have read it or discussed it already. If so I apologize. It’s somewhat lengthy yet quite informitive. 

What i gather iut of it is that I truly don’t see him returning anytime soon to the dismay of many fans. Plus with potential moving of goldy. Whom is good friends with Tryamkin, would only compound the situation in a negative way. 

That being said, what do you the rights to his contract could be if we were to use it as a trading chip? Article is below if you choose to read it. 

AGAINST:

In April of 2017, shortly after it was announced that Tryamkin would be leaving the NHL to join Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, the first bits of information leaked out. Dave Tomlinson of TSN Radio 1040 opined that “there were some things about the North American game that just didn’t sit right with” Tryamkin, and recounted a specific incident in which “Tryamkin asked him why a player (Jamie Benn) would come back and want to fight him after he made a clean hit.”

Though Tryamkin remains an intimidating physical specimen, he does not seem to have the mean streak to go with it, and the constant expectations for him to add snarl to his game really seemed to rub him the wrong way. As Tomlinson recalls, Tryamkin once complained that the Canucks staff had showed him a highlight package of Chris Pronger “being Pronger,” and asked him to incorporate similar nastiness in his own play. According to Tomlinson, this just wasn’t in Tryamkin’s “DNA.”

AGAINST: 

Tryamkin completed an interview with a KHL source shortly after rejoining Avtomobilist, and he did not speak kindly of his time in Vancouver. Tryamkin complained about his lack of icetime with the Canucks, and stated that “I would not get pleasure from the game and just sit, look and realize that there’s nothing you can do.”

Not only was Tryamkin struggling to earn icetime in Vancouver, he describes himself as struggling to understand the reasons behind his frequent benchings, saying “During the season, I was not happy with some of the matches. Sometimes I just do not understand – why?”

Overall, this interview painted a picture of a player not happy with the way he was treated by the Canucks, and one who was excited to play a role as a top-tier defenseman in the KHL.

FOR: 

Another interview later that summer with Sports-Express reporter Igor Eronko revealed that many of Tryamkin’s problems with the Canucks were actually problems with coach Willie Desjardins, who by that point had already been fired by the organization. Tryamkin describesgreat difficulty in communicating with Desjardins, stating “I have many times been superfluous. Yes, not even a lot – almost always me. And did not understand why. I spend a good game, and for five or seven minutes to the end I’m put on the bench without any explanation. It was very strange.”

Tryamkin wasn’t just happy with his own deployment, but also that of fellow Russian Nikolay Goldobin, as he says “I’m certainly not a coach, but, in my opinion, Kolya (Goldobin) should be allowed to play. He is small, brisk, his hands are in order, and he knows how to score goals. In the first match [he] scored, and after that he was [benched for]. So what is this? Where is the logic?…He scores in Edmonton in the last game…he is again saddled. If a person does not play, how will he grow up? How do you understand that he can play?”

While these statements again demonstrate how unhappy Tryamkin was in Vancouver, they also clearly show that much of his displeasure centered around the coaching of Desjardins, something that is no longer a factor. Presumably, Tryamkin would not have the same issues with Travis Green.

AGAINST:

Unfortunately, that same interview with Eronko also revealed that Tryamkin might not be a huge fan of the city of Vancouver, and the reason for his disdain is rather unexpected. When Tryamkin describes Vancouver as a “dope city,” he’s not just picking up on local slang. As Tryamkin elaborated, “Everywhere you go it’s not just smell, it really stinks of weed.”

This was not just an off-the-cuff statement, either. Tryamkin went on a veritable rant about marijuana, claiming that “Everyone smokes grass everywhere. The city is all in smoke. There is still a street – I do not remember what is called. So there even in a car it’s scary to go. A lot of bad guys. They can not stand on their feet, but they still smoke without stopping.”

He even went as far as to suggest that Vancouver’s love of pot affected his home life, claiming that “In downtown, in the center of the city stank the same. We lived on the tenth floor – even there, it used to smell. This is how much you need to smoke? It seems to me, it was possible to stick the receiver out of the window and inhale.”

Again, these statements might seem humourous, but this is plainly something that legitimately bothers Nikita. With marijuana due to be legalized in mid-October, it’s also not something that is going to change anytime soon.

FOR:

It wasn’t until December of 2017 that anyone asked actually asked about Tryamkin’s potential return to Vancouver. Sportsnet’s Rick Dhaliwal asked Avtomobilist assistant coach and general manager Alexei Volkov about the chances of a comeback, and Volkov responded that, “He talks about it, he wants to go back someday. He will give it one more shot when he’s ready.”

While Volkov is obviously talking about the far-flung future of 2020, when Tryamkin’s contract with Avtomobilist ends, this statement can only be taken as a positive.

FOR:

Like many messy breakups, the split between Nikita Tryamkin and the Vancouver Canucks involved some serious scrutiny of one another’s social media feeds. Several Canuck fans noticed that Tryamkin was still actively following the team on Instagram, and he confirmed as much in an April 2018 interview with Sports.ru, stating that, “the time difference is 12 hours, so I wake up, I turn on the games before training, it’s interesting to see how the team is doing. I watch the reviews, I watch the Russian guys who plays and who scores, I wonder.”

As could be expected, Tryamkin pays closest attention to his friend, Goldobin, but he is tuned in enough to the Canucks’ day-to-day happenings that he was able to comment on their fortunes in the 2018 Draft and the retirement of the Sedins, saying “[the] Brothers Sedin left, they made a huge contribution to the history of the club, amazing people who played for 18 years without changing the team. Now there will be a great chance to prove themselves [for] the young guys, and if Vancouver succeeds in taking the first or second pick in the draft, it will mean a lot, because the team needs another young leader like [Brock] Boeser. The first to go are [Andrei] Svechnikov and [Rasmus] Dahlin, very good players.”

This amount of investment in his former club can only be read as a positive, as it clearly demonstrates that Tryamkin has yet to close the door on that chapter of his life.

AGAINST: 

Despite Tryamkin’s sunny disposition in the April 2018 Russian-language article, the situation was a lot more ambiguous when reporter Janik Beichler attempted an interview in English a month later. Biechler reported a strange exchange in which Tryamkin twice refused to conduct the interview in English, despite previously agreeing to do so, and his tone seemed mildly hostile.

As Biechler concluded, “I don’t think Tryamkin is very interested in talking to #Canucks media right now,” and that could be an indication that some tension still remains.

FOR: 

Shortly after the terse exchange, Biechler was able to conduct an email interview with Tryamkin, in which the behemoth answered the question of whether he’d be interested in a return to Vancouver with the noncommittal “Why not?”

It’s far from a definitive statement, but it’s also an overall positive one, and it again shows that Tryamkin has left the door open to one day return.

AGAINST: 

Unfortunately, the rest of that Biechler interview hinted that Tryamkin may still have some concerns in regards to his usage in Vancouver. He doesn’t sound like he’s convinced that the issue of icetime was resolved by the firing of Desjardins, openly wondering “would I be needed?” when the time came for his potential return.

This was the most blunt Tryamkin had ever been about his problems with the Canucks, outright affirming that ““The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks,” and adding, “I was a first-pairing D-man in Yekaterinburg this season, so I was pretty happy there.”

This sentiment was backed up by some statements made by agent Todd Diamond after the NHL Combine in June of 2018, who told Rick Dhaliwal that “I spoke…with the Canucks about Nikita and how we can approach it and maybe get ahead of it so everyone knows he is a valued person on the depth chart.”

It seems obvious that, at the very least, Tryamkin is still worried that a return to Vancouver would mean more time stapled to the bench, and that doesn’t appear to be something he is interested in.

FOR:

Nikolay Goldobin is Tryamkin’s best friend on the Canucks, and it stands to reason that he’s the best local source on the likelihood of Nikita’s comeback. In an interview with Dhaliwal in July of 2018, Goldobin admitted that “I try to get him back to NHL but I don’t think it’s happening for a year or two.”

Canuck fans are aware that the earliest Tryamkin could return is 2020, so the “year or two” part of this statement shouldn’t bother them. The fact that Goldobin seems to believe Tryamkin will return when his contract concludes, however, has to be taken as the best evidence yet.

FOR:

When Tryamkin left for the KHL, fans quickly noticed that both of his Twitter profile pictures remained as photos of him in a Canucks jersey. Most assumed that Nikita was just slow to update, but the pictures remain more than a year after his departure. Tryamkin isn’t the most active tweeter in the world, but he logs in a couple of times a month, and it stands to reason that he would have changed the pics by now if they really bothered him. This may seem frivolous, but it’s further evidence that Tryamkin doesn’t outright resent the Canucks organization, and that he doesn’t mind seeing himself in the blue-and-green.

That essentially represents the clearest conclusion that can be gleaned from this multitude of statements—although there is still some tension between Nikita Tryamkin and the Vancouver Canucks organization, he has clearly left the door open for a return in 2020. That being said, it’s also clear that unless the team can demonstrate a commitment to giving him a larger role on the blueline, he’s perfectly happy to stay in the KHL. So, Nikita—how does the top pairing with Quinn Hughes 

40 minutes ago, Me_ said:

1982 -Stanley Cup Finals

2011 - Stanley Cup Finals

Like I’ve questioned some friends who are  Leaf fans,.  

Being in the Stanley Cup Final once ever ten years or so since we joined the league hasn’t been so bad for the Canucks...

how was it in 1967?   :towel:

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Like I’ve questioned some friends who are  Leaf fans,.  

Being in the Stanley Cup Final once ever ten years or so since we joined the league hasn’t been so bad for the Canucks...

how was it in 1967?   :towel:

Luckily we have a GM that is redesigning the Canucks’ future past.

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Luckily we have a GM that is redesigning the Canucks’ future.

That’s the biggest story about this..  

we finally have a farm system..  

Benning has influenced this franchise for the next 4 years, and add some great scouting in this years draft, and the work is in the 3rd round down.. we will be stacking in Utica.

.. but journalists in this town would rather start a goalie controversy out of an Emergency situation.

Benning has a vision of a Franchise, if all goes well I hope we see him watching games from the box for the next decade..

and we retire his old jersey number 4 in the ring of honour.

ps. He wore his lid like Tryamkin did. ;) 

https://goo.gl/images/pjyXCa 

2B3C7F96-453E-477B-9382-88A8168677B3.jpeg

Didn’t his parents buy a house here? :bigblush:

he’ll be back. He isn’t enjoying his time in the KHL right now he was stripped of the captaincy and has been a healthy scratch 

I believe he recently switched his profile pic on Instagram from him in a KHL jersey to him in a Canucks jersey and its his current one too.

He wouldn’t use that as his profile pic if the Canucks were dead to him. 

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

he’ll be back. He isn’t enjoying his time in the KHL right now he was stripped of the captaincy and has been a healthy scratch 

I believe he recently switched his profile pic on Instagram from him in a KHL jersey to him in a Canucks jersey and its his current one too.

lmao those were the good ol days weren't they!

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Actually I don't think he ever switched from his Canuck pic on his Instagram since he left. Dawes is 4th in KHL scoring that's why they wanted him to have the captaincy.During todays game there was a questionable goalie interference call on Avtomobilist (the opposing goalie stuck his foot out ) and it was Tryamkin and not Dawes who discussed this with the refs. Tryamkin was the 6th player on the ice and went back to the bench to let play resume. Avto won 5-3

Tryamkin is making approx 1 Million per year there as a hometown discount out of loyalty to his city. (according to leaked sources) He can make 3x that here easily. 

I'm hoping his team wins it all this year then it will be easier to get him to buy himself out and return.

He's not on the 1st team PP in the games I've seen. But he is on the 1st team PK. Today he still looks like a stay at home defenseman, he doesn't pinch a whole lot. 

He never has problems clearing the crease and his board play is above par (he wins most 50/50 pucks along the boards)

He usually plays RD but today he made one play on LD and that looked way better for his breakout pass. His conditioning has looked great since learning from his time with our trainers. Checkthis vertical.

try.jpg

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

HUGHES - WOO

HUTTON - STETCHER

TRYAMMIN - GUDBRANSON

What year will your d pairing be? 

Woo is only 18, so it’ll be a few years til he’s an nhl Dman.

But at 18 hes only going to get better, he’s got a huge future ahead of him,  great 2nd round pick. But he’s years and years away from playing in the nhl.

At the 2019 draft...………………...

Jimbo goes to the mike...…….

With their first selection in the 2019 NHL draft....the Vancouver Canucks select LW Matthew Boldy

Everybody is ecstatic! Pettersson and Boeser give him his jersey

The later...…..Betteman says this'',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh!"  and your going to like this! To another Course of "Boos"

"There has been assigning!...………….Vancouver signs Nikita Tryamkin to a 2 year 4 Million per year contract

And the day just keeps getting better and better

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

At the 2019 draft...………………...

Jimbo goes to the mike...…….

With their first selection in the 2019 NHL draft....the Vancouver Canucks select LW Matthew Boldy

Everybody is ecstatic! Pettersson and Boeser give him his jersey

The later...…..Betteman says this'',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh!"  and your going to like this! To another Course of "Boos"

"There has been assigning!...………….Vancouver signs Nikita Tryamkin to a 2 year 4 Million per year contract

And the day just keeps getting better and better

4 mill?

Archived