The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver ~ Minnesota

To Minnesota:

gra.JPG.186ea2ff3a8bf551c463a9af8b2e8f78.JPG

To Vancouver:

po.JPG.e02d7eb84a4fc9b8dddabe1a6ca3856c.JPG

With the emergence of MacEwen and the improved overall game of Gaudette, I feel like we have enough centres for the bottom 6. Although Granlund plays that JB trademark meat and potatoes style game with the good defensive play, we desperately need a true top 6 LW if we're gonna be competitive down the stretch. Spooner could come in tomorrow and take a spot in the top 6 just like Leivo, but we'll see about that. If Spooner doesn't pan out, I'd say we go after Pontus Aberg. Both Pontus and Markus have nearly identical stats but Granlund plays more defensive minutes, both age 25, both RFA at the end of the season, and Minnesota gets to reunite the Granlund brothers. So I believe this would be very attractive to the Wild.

I mean this guy is super skilled. Skilled enough to play on our top line. But the issue with him is that he's apparently lazy on defense. He also hasn't scored for the team since joining the Wild in mid-January; so perhaps it's not working out for Pontus in Minny. Travis Green has done a good job of converting our offensively minded players into two-way players; just like Baertschi and Eriksson. Goldobin is improving in that aspect as well. 

What do you think? Do you think Aberg would be a good fit on the left side with Petey and Brock?

2 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Pass on Aberg as well, id rather have Marcus Foligno , perfect 4th line player, they would have to add a mid pick.

I'd say not.  Folingo plays his role very, very well.  I'd easily trade straight across then immediately waive Schaller.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, King Heffy said:

Eriksson got a Selke vote as a winger in 2016.  Greener didn't turn him into a 2 way player; he already was one.  Not particularly interested in bringing a lazy player in who could be a borderline 2nd liner if everything works out for him.

Okay well that slightly justifies why we gave him 6 million per year. 

Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack

On 2/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, garthsbutcher said:

Pass on Aberg as well, id rather have Marcus Foligno , perfect 4th line player, they would have to add a mid pick.

That would be a better trade, but it doesn't solve our lack of top 6 depth. I figure we should flip Granny since he has become somewhat expendable this past couple weeks. I'm fine with him in a bottom 6 role, but I'm pretty sure our prospects are going to pass him on the depth chart soon.Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Could have had him for free off waivers.

So we actually passed on him before? Or were the Ducks ahead of us in the claiming order?Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:13 PM, Maninthebox said:

This board already bemoans everything Goldobin does, and his talent/potential far exceeds Aberg's... as does his defensive play and compete level.

I agree, and now I would like to switch Granlund with Schaller.Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes Jack Hughes 

17 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

To Minnesota:

gra.JPG.186ea2ff3a8bf551c463a9af8b2e8f78.JPG

To Vancouver:

po.JPG.e02d7eb84a4fc9b8dddabe1a6ca3856c.JPG

With the emergence of MacEwen and the improved overall game of Gaudette, I feel like we have enough centres for the bottom 6. Although Granlund plays that JB trademark meat and potatoes style game with the good defensive play, we desperately need a true top 6 LW if we're gonna be competitive down the stretch. Spooner could come in tomorrow and take a spot in the top 6 just like Leivo, but we'll see about that. If Spooner doesn't pan out, I'd say we go after Pontus Aberg. Both Pontus and Markus have nearly identical stats but Granlund plays more defensive minutes, both age 25, both RFA at the end of the season, and Minnesota gets to reunite the Granlund brothers. So I believe this would be very attractive to the Wild.

I mean this guy is super skilled. Skilled enough to play on our top line. But the issue with him is that he's apparently lazy on defense. He also hasn't scored for the team since joining the Wild in mid-January; so perhaps it's not working out for Pontus in Minny. Travis Green has done a good job of converting our offensively minded players into two-way players; just like Baertschi and Eriksson. Goldobin is improving in that aspect as well. 

What do you think? Do you think Aberg would be a good fit on the left side with Petey and Brock?

I’d do this more potential in Aberg in my opinion, also we have solid defensive forwards and in general defensive forwards aren’t that hard to find ex. Motte when we couldn’t get anything for Vanek. 

Archived