The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Matt Duchene, Julius Bergman to Blue Jackets for Vitali Abramov, Jonathan Davidsson, 2019 1st-round pick, conditional 2020 1st-round pick

15 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

If that's the case, that means Panarin and Bobrovsky are likely not on the market and CBJ is going all in for a little playoff success.

Or that they're going to try and maintain their status quo in the standings by replacing Panarin and Bob.

There's no way the can just lose them both for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Or that they're going to try and maintain their status quo in the standings by replacing Panarin and Bob.

I see Bob staying for their playoff push.  Maybe Duchene is their immediate replacement for Parnarin, who they will trade now?

5 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

But its not for nothing, its for a playoff run. I think most GMs would prioritize success in the playoffs vs collecting future assets, particularly if the conversations so far have produced trade return offers that were underwhelming. 

Abramov is a tiny winger that can play both sides drafted 3rd round

Davidsson is a winger playing in Sweden drafted 6th round with very sub par numbers

Wow...if this is the meat of the return without a minimum of a first coming back Dorion should be weeping in to his beaver tail pastry right now

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But its not for nothing, its for a playoff run. I think most GMs would prioritize success in the playoffs vs collecting future assets, particularly if the conversations so far have produced trade return offers that were underwhelming. 

If it means a chance to win, assets are expendable.

14 minutes ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Something tells me that Duchene is not going to be a Tortorella-type player.........:unsure:

lol, Duchene better pay attention to what Torts is saying, he'll get that finger pounding on his shoulder when he gets back to the bench.  

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Abramov is a tiny winger that can play both sides drafted 3rd round

Davidsson is a winger playing in Sweden drafted 6th round with very sub par numbers

Wow...if this is the meat of the return without a minimum of a first coming back Dorion should be weeping in to his beaver tail pastry right now

Im hoping for the sake of Ottawa's fans this isnt the final package

Archived