The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Connor McDavid suspended 2 games

I can't see how anyone could say this shouldn't be a suspension; that's exactly the type of play that needs to be erased from the game.  On the other hand... you never know what you're going to get from the (so called) DOPS.... this time I think they got it right. 

8 hours ago, peaches5 said:

This kind of hit being illegal to me is just ridiculous. How are you suppose to hit him? Hockey is a contact sport. Keep your head up.

Almost any other way than that? Seriously. Like how hard is "through the body" to understand? Draw a straight line from where you are to where the other guy is that ends up in the center mass of that player's body. Not a line to his head, or across the front of a player's body. It really is pretty simple.

McDavid actually had to lift his leg and pull it in to avoid tripping over the other guy as he cut across the front of him.

7 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Oh, and go figure:

D0DTSgwWkAE87wp.jpg:large

I am trying to understand what "explores his options" means lol! What are they going to sue the NHL? What idiocy is that. He should be exploring his trade destination options and getting out of the gutter of city and team before he turns into another wasted talent

10 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Almost any other way than that? Seriously. Like how hard is "through the body" to understand? Draw a straight line from where you are to where the other guy is that ends up in the center mass of that player's body. Not a line to his head, or across the front of a player's body. It really is pretty simple.

McDavid actually had to lift his leg and pull it in to avoid tripping over the other guy as he cut across the front of him.

He hit him through the body. This type of hit should be legal. A direct targetting to the head should be illegal. The video even states he hit his shoulder but not enough of it. If you hit someone and their head gets hit because they put themselves in a vulnerable position that is their fault. He leaned forward so any bodycheck would have some impact with his head. It's a contact sport injuries are going to happen. In another 10 years, this game is going to be an absolute joke. What was hockey will no longer exist.

Let me add: These are not like Matt Cooke like hits where the head was targetted to cause severe damage. Look at the Cooke hit on Savard... He clearly targets the head and only the head.. that should be an illegal hit, not this hit.

I'm p*ssed off about this - as much as I want the Coilers to miss the playoffs moves like this by the DOPS improve the chances they get either Kappo or Hughes. When you have McDavid and Draisatl you have no business sucking this bad.... I honeslty don't know how anyone in this city (Edmonton) can be proud of an organization that mismanages assets as bad as they do. Although I am sure Katz's Rexall pharmacies are doing great business selling Pepto Bismol, Ativan and anti-depressants for the masses who once again will be watching other teams in the playoffs come Spring Time.

Coilers are pretty upset as Perry gave Nurse a decent flying elbow and no fine, hearing etc...

LFBMpju.gif[

To which I say "Where was the complaining when Moore hit Naslund or the countless other headshots Canucks have taken over the years?"

Welcome to the new NHL Edmonton 

Archived