The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn | #2 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

the visor hold was odd though lol

True. I get the feeling Mac grabbed early and then just hung on for dear life as Schenn pummeled him. Letting go may have thrown his momentum off and put him off balance.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, -AJ- said:

True. I get the feeling Mac grabbed early and then just hung on for dear life as Schenn pummeled him. Letting go may have thrown his momentum off and put him off balance.

i'd give schenn the win but overall good fight.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I realize it's a penalty now (at least I think) but didn't Craig Coxe take off his visor before a fight.  Part of "the code".

I know it was a thing that was definitely done in the older days. Iginla in particular is a guy I remember always made sure both guys had no helmets when fighting. I kind of liked it, but it's illegal now due to head injury concerns.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

This reminds me of the fights 30 years ago.....except all the players from both teams would be on the ice fighting the same way.  Wild times those wereB)--games have lost some of their emotion since.

I always wondered if Smyl ever had a fight with Fraser back in their juniors days.  Fraser had a fight with Fistric here:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

5 points in 10 games so far! Offensive explosion at 32 years old?

This is where someone would usually make a comment about small sample size...but not me though....I'm not like that!:lol:

But seriously, it looks to me like Schenn may have actually benefitted from being sent down to Tampa to work on his skills for those couple of years!!

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

This is where someone would usually make a comment about small sample size...but not me though....I'm not like that!:lol:

But seriously, it looks to me like Schenn may have actually benefitted from being sent down to Tampa to work on his skills for those couple of years!!

Haha, well my comment was definitely tongue in cheek, but Schenn usually puts up so few points that even if he doesn't score another point all year it's a decent result for him.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

With 8 points in 27 games, Schenn is scoring at the highest pace of his NHL career right now (0.296 points-per-game), which pro-rates to 24 points in a full season. His career bests are 22 points (which he did twice in his early 20s) and a points-per-game of 0.278 in his fourth NHL season at in 2011-12 when he was just 22 years old. At 32 years of age, he's experiencing a renaissance year.

Schenn and the Canucks just work.

It's party due to COVID, but Schenn is also averaging 16:24 per game, a figure he hasn't approached since playing for Arizona in 2017-18.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

With 8 points in 27 games, Schenn is scoring at the highest pace of his NHL career right now (0.296 points-per-game), which pro-rates to 24 points in a full season. His career bests are 22 points (which he did twice in his early 20s) and a points-per-game of 0.278 in his fourth NHL season at in 2011-12 when he was just 22 years old. At 32 years of age, he's experiencing a renaissance year.

It's party due to COVID, but Schenn is also averaging 16:24 per game, a figure he hasn't approached since playing for Arizona in 2017-18.

He should send HaM(IA)onic a thank you card.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Schenn has been a Canuck savior this season. His going after Lowry last night tells all you need to know about Luke Schenn. Canucks haven't had his equal for years. Gubranson tried but he wasn't there. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Schenn has been a Canuck savior this season. His going after Lowry last night tells all you need to know about Luke Schenn. Canucks haven't had his equal for years. Gubranson tried but he wasn't there. 

I agree, good value. He can punch holes in steel plates

• Upvote 1