The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks unveil 50th Season Celebration Logo

-Vintage Canuck-

50th Season Celebration Logo  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, tas said:

the most noteworthy part for me is that this effectively confirms the orca will remain going forward in spite of the rumoured/confirmed changes coming to the primary jersey next season (in addition to the retro skate jersey and a new 3rd jersey), but the vancouver wordmark is notably absent. 

This is the what the Canucks need to go with going forward. One as the primary and the other as secondary.

Typical Aquilini ineptitude.

Screenshot_20190225-222551_Samsung Internet.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

This is the what the Canucks need to go with going forward. One as the primary and the other as secondary.

Typical Aquilini ineptitude.

Screenshot_20190225-222551_Samsung Internet.jpg

hard pass.

johnny canuck, in all forms, is amateur hour. 

is it S-0 for Stanley Cup-Zero

or Shutout to describe our success in the finals.

I first wondered why they didn't round the rest of the corners in the five so it looked like the stick in rink but I guess I answer my own question, would look like an S and lead to dumb jokes like these.

I guess we are just S.O. of luck.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:14 PM, 'NucK™ said:

That would apply to a normal 5 as well....

True. Except it was the odd design that actually made me realize it. Never would have occurred to me otherwise.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

I will take "amateur" hour any time over corporate hour.

cANUCKS%2BNOT%2BWHALES%2BSMALL.jpg.cf.jpg

The fact you defaced this franchises logo with a giant red X just shows you aren't a fan of this team.  That's about as disrespectful as it gets.  

We get it.  You dont like the logo.  Youve made sure every one of your posts has voiced that same opinion.. but Show some respect to the franchise.  The history.  The players who have proudly worn that crest on their chest.

The logo will never ever be Johnny canuck.  Accept it or go find another team to cheer for.  Johnny canuck is outdated and looks extremely out of place on the crest.

10 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

The fact you defaced this franchises logo with a giant red X just shows you aren't a fan of this team.  That's about as disrespectful as it gets.  

We get it.  You dont like the logo.  Youve made sure every one of your posts has voiced that same opinion.. but Show some respect to the franchise.  The history.  The players who have proudly worn that crest on their chest.

The logo will never ever be Johnny canuck.  Accept it or go find another team to cheer for.  Johnny canuck is outdated and looks extremely out of place on the crest.

I have been a Canucks fan longer than you've been alive. I have bled the black, yellow and red and the blue, green and white 24/7. I have a huge collection of Canucks jerseys, caps, T-shirts, hoodies, pins, shot glasses, you name it and NONE of them contain the ridiculous corporate orca except my #19 Naslund jersey from the Orca Bay/WCE era. And you have the audacity to declare me as not a fan of this team and disrespectful.

Here's some hard reality for you: outside of CDC, out in the REAL world, the majority of Canucks fans despise and HATE the orca logo. Comments like "Lose the whale", "We're not Orca Bay anymore", "Put Johnny Canuck on the jersey", "Get rid of the constipated orca", "Bring back the Skate", "Go back to the original Stick in Rink" are what I read(not post) on other social media outlets.

I may be a minority on a very vocal minority from CDC, but I sure as hell am part of an overwhelming majority in the real world. Look at the throwback jersey public vote: if the orca were as popular as you believe it is, why did it get just 10% support of those who voted?? The Skate(big thumbs up) got 70%. The Flying V got 20%. The "mighty" orca got a measly 10%

So, I'm going to close here....I will continue to voice my strong disapproval of the irrelevant and corporate orca until it's rightfully gone. The team name was inspired by Johnny Canuck and I will continue to push for JC or any other non-Orca Canucks logo to be the primary. If you don't like it, TOUGH.

Have a nice day, my friend.:)

31 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I have been a Canucks fan longer than you've been alive. I have bled the black, yellow and red and the blue, green and white 24/7. I have a huge collection of Canucks jerseys, caps, T-shirts, hoodies, pins, shot glasses, you name it and NONE of them contain the ridiculous corporate orca except my #19 Naslund jersey from the Orca Bay/WCE era. And you have the audacity to declare me as not a fan of this team and disrespectful.

Here's some hard reality for you: outside of CDC, out in the REAL world, the majority of Canucks fans despise and HATE the orca logo. Comments like "Lose the whale", "We're not Orca Bay anymore", "Put Johnny Canuck on the jersey", "Get rid of the constipated orca", "Bring back the Skate", "Go back to the original Stick in Rink" are what I read(not post) on other social media outlets.

I may be a minority on a very vocal minority from CDC, but I sure as hell am part of an overwhelming majority in the real world. Look at the throwback jersey public vote: if the orca were as popular as you believe it is, why did it get just 10% support of those who voted?? The Skate(big thumbs up) got 70%. The Flying V got 20%. The "mighty" orca got a measly 10%

So, I'm going to close here....I will continue to voice my strong disapproval of the irrelevant and corporate orca until it's rightfully gone. The team name was inspired by Johnny Canuck and I will continue to push for JC or any other non-Orca Canucks logo to be the primary. If you don't like it, TOUGH.

Have a nice day, my friend.:)

1-  you dont even know how old I am to declare you've been a Canucks fan longer than I've been alive.  

2-Ive never heard of this passionate hatred for the orca out in the "real world".  never.   This sounds like a case of YOU going around and throwing hate around at it and probably people agreeing with you to get you to leave them alone.  I spend a lot of time talking Canucks with people I meet on a daily basis and I've never heard one person say anything negative about the orca logo.

3-the orca only got 10% of the vote on that poll, not because people dont like it,  but because it's already our primary logo for one,  and for two because no one likes that color scheme.  People wanted to see the other uniforms because it's a nice change to have those uniforms in rotation.  Pretty easy to understand.  I love the Orca logo,  but voted for the skate jersey because it's a nice change to bring it back for select games.

Anyways keep twisting things and making things up to fit your agenda.  But dont be defacing the logo of this franchise.  Show some respect.

13 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

1-  you dont even know how old I am to declare you've been a Canucks fan longer than I've been alive.  

2-Ive never heard of this passionate hatred for the orca out in the "real world".  never.   This sounds like a case of YOU going around and throwing hate around at it and probably people agreeing with you to get you to leave them alone.  I spend a lot of time talking Canucks with people I meet on a daily basis and I've never heard one person say anything negative about the orca logo.

3-the orca only got 10% of the vote on that poll, not because people dont like it,  but because it's already our primary logo for one,  and for two because no one likes that color scheme.  People wanted to see the other uniforms because it's a nice change to have those uniforms in rotation.  Pretty easy to understand.  I love the Orca logo,  but voted for the skate jersey because it's a nice change to bring it back for select games.

Anyways keep twisting things and making things up to fit your agenda.  But dont be defacing the logo of this franchise.  Show some respect.

Yeah, whatever buddy. Whatever. And I will deface the orca whenever I want because the orca is WRONG for this franchise.

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

Old_Canucks_Logo.jpg.cf.jpg

1297736502625_ORIGINAL.jpg-quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1439497647290.cf.jpg

2018-02-12 15.29.54.jpg

cANUCKS%2BNOT%2BWHALES%2BSMALL.jpg.cf.jpg

Archived