The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson NOW officially The WORST PLAYER in the League

RU SERIOUS

After tonight's game with the Islanders, it is now official that Gudbranson is the worst defenseman in the league ranked #300 out of 300 and worst player in the league ranked #855 out of 855 with his 'stratospheric' and downright embarrassing plus/minus rating of Minus -27.

Perhaps it's time to wrap him up with some of the other endlessly injured, lazy and deadwood/senior citizens players on the team (Erikson, Suter, Pooalot, Virtanen and Edler)  and make trade before trade deadline !  I can't imagine another hopeless season watching him ruin games.  TIME FOR CHANGE!  The season is almost over and here we are ranked 26th - AGAIN !

Something has to change - we've been waiting for eight long years !

Guddy is a great THIRD pairing D. Size, toughness, physicality and enforcement. Problem is he is getting paid as a SECOND pairing guy. This is a result of our weak D core and our desperate need for the intangibles he brings. Simple as that. 

Way too many hate directed towards Gudbranson by the posters here. Did we overpay him? Yes. Did we overpaid to get him? Yes. The fault should be on JB for not valuing this player properly. However, overall, I still think JB is a solid GM and want him to stay to build a core towards the future.

Gudbranson is a 3rd pairing defenceman.  I don't have a problem with him if that is his role.  But top 4 no way.  With our top pairing always injured Guddy has to take those top 4 minutes.  I'd look at moving him but the return would be minimal at this point, so hopefully he becomes a 3rd pairing guy next year where he belongs.  Maybe pair him up with Quinn Hughes and make that your 3rd pairing to start the year.  Hutton  Stecher  look good.  So we have to figure out that first pairing.  Tanev should be traded to make room for someone who is much more durable.  Tyler Myers?  If Edler wants a 4 year term then Benning needs to trade him by Monday. 

Lots of questions on defence right now.  This is not an overnight fix unfortunately.

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

After tonight's game with the Islanders, it is now official that Gudbranson is the worst defenseman in the league ranked #300 out of 300 and worst player in the league ranked #855 out of 855 with his 'stratospheric' and downright embarrassing plus/minus rating of Minus -27.

Perhaps it's time to wrap him up with some of the other endlessly injured, lazy and deadwood/senior citizens players on the team (Erikson, Suter, Pooalot, Virtanen and Edler)  and make trade before trade deadline !  I can't imagine another hopeless season watching him ruin games.  TIME FOR CHANGE!  The season is almost over and here we are ranked 26th - AGAIN !

Something has to change - we've been waiting for eight long years !

Have you seen Pouliot play over the course of the season?  He's by far, IMHO, the worst defenceman this team has ever had in the lineup. 

Archived