The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson NOW officially The WORST PLAYER in the League

RU SERIOUS

57 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Guessing we lost a game again?

The kids always get worked up when their team doesn't do the sportsing like they want

It's actually hilarious to look at the new threads on CDC after a loss--it's unbelievably predictable.

STECH should be the glaring shining beacon on the hill that all is not terrible in Canucks D land.  Despite being jumped up and down and all around in assignment, Troy is the best D on this team right now.  He is playing a rough game and beating guys to, and for, the puck on the boards regularly.  He is a great mid tier puck moving D for us in the foreseeable future.  I think Benning saw a Tory Krug type player in Stecher.

Gudbranson just needs to play way more simple. Cut the angles and use his huge reach to his advantage. Less chasing. He had an impressive 20 game stretch earlier this season. Where does the magic go?

Quinn coming in changes things for sure. Another motor, with a gear higher than Stecher's.  If we were healthy, damn.

Tryamkin back changes things.  Hoping this happens, personally. But not counting on it. He is either a direct replacement for Guddy, or he is in another tier all together.

Edler and Tanev are actually worth a TON currently with the arms race in the east.  Wonder if Jim can work some magic at the TDL? Would hurt short term only, UFA and a whole bunch of youth is coming up the pipe.  Quinn, Juolevi, Woo, Rathbone, Brisebois.. could probably draft some prettttty nice D prospects with 1st round picks this or next draft.  Deferral 1st rounders can pay off, look at Colorado and their Senators pick.  That has to be one of the shrewdest trade moves in recent memory.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

+/- is only relevant for whipping boys

It goes the opposite direction as well. In 03/04 Malik led the team at +35 with Ohlund 2nd among the D at distant +14. Then +/- meant nothing because there was no way Malik was our best d-man. It's a convenient meaningful or meaningless stat from player to player depending on popularity.

Sad part is that Gudbranson is getting less than 15 minutes per game with our top two dmen out. On top of that, he's getting shifted heavily with Pettersson's line to try and keep his pairing away from the other team's top scorers.

Not only will this not work in keeping Gudbranson from getting scored on over and over, it's going to pull down Pettersson as well.

It's time to put an end to the Guddy experiment. Some people will defend him regardless of how many goals he gives up (he's on a record terrible pace right now at over 4 goals against per 60 minutes...unheard of over the last 10 years).

He is bad and if you want a tough guy, find a 4th line scrub who isn't going to bring down the team at such a crazy level. 

He needs to go in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Sad part is that Gudbranson is getting less than 15 minutes per game with our top two dmen out. On top of that, he's getting shifted heavily with Pettersson's line to try and keep his pairing away from the other team's top scorers.

I didn't see it that way. I figured he got moved to Petey's line because that line has frequently had trouble getting the puck back and out of there own end. 

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I didn't see it that way. I figured he got moved to Petey's line because that line has frequently had trouble getting the puck back and out of there own end. 

Well that would be silly as Gudbranson is a glass and out player, not someone you play with offensive players who need the puck on their stick.

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Well that would be silly as Gudbranson is a glass and out player, not someone you play with offensive players who need the puck on their stick.

You can only get that good first pass by actually getting the puck back. He wouldn't be my first choice either but they've been getting outworked and bottled up in their own end with the other guys too often. My first choice is currently injured. Guddy is also more of a deterrent to players taking liberties with Petey and Boeser after whistles like Kesler was doing. Which I think is the main reason he's been getting time with them lately. 

3 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Who’s was Guddy paired up with? Get him a better partner and he’s fine.

6EAB7563-9A53-4B3F-87E3-D3C692D4E7C5.gif

He's literally brought down every single defenseman he's played with. Every defenseman has played worse by any statistical measure or eye test when paired with Gudbranson.

Archived