The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February/March (24-02) 2019

Mats Zuccarello left today’s game with an upper-body injury after blocking a shot and will not return.

Jamie Benn also will not return with an upper-body injury.

Update: 

Mats Zuccarello will miss at least four weeks with what is believed to be a broken arm.

He will return to Dallas for further evaluation and to see if surgery is needed.

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Mikkel Boedker and Mark Stone, as well as Cody Ceci have been scratched for precautionary reasons prior to the trade deadline.

I wonder if Boedker is viewed as a cap dump for them because I would certainly take that if it meant lowering the price to acquire Ceci. Still not sure we have the pieces that we would want to give up to make it happen though.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:22 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Keith Tkachuk made Brady and Matthew shake hands last night and promise not to fight in preparation for tonight’s game between the Senators and Flames.

These custom sweaters were made for the over 40 family members that will be in attendance.

D0LzUFWW0AAKhTf.jpg

Can't stand these guys (could they look any more smug?), but the whole family thing that night was pretty cool.  They took the opening face-off against each other, which I thought was a neat gesture, and seeing grandma crying after Brady scored was touching.  Great night for the family, and at least one of their boys scored.  Too bad the wrong team won ;) 

What in the heck is wrong with the Sabres?  I just looked up their record, and they’re not much better than us!  They have a selection of high draft picks too.  Are they the Oilers from a few years ago?  Did they give too much to their young guys too soon?  I’m glad JB doesn’t give into pressure from fans/owner to play our young guys too soon.  

Minnesota in Winnipeg ties it with less than 2min left and then get the go ahead goal not even 30 seconds later by Eriksson Ek.  He has been really good with the increased responsibility with Koivu injured.  Donato now with 6 points on a 4 game point streak since the trade.  

Wild won all 4 games vs the Jets this season.

Archived