The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Stone to Vegas

Podzilla

I think Ottawa wins this because Stone is a pending UFA. If Stone had more time on his deal, I don't think enough is received here, but for a pending UFA, Dorion did really well.

EDIT: If Vegas does extend him then I say they win this deal.

Just now, -AJ- said:

I think Ottawa wins this because Stone is a pending UFA. If Stone had more time on his deal, I don't think enough is received here, but for a pending UFA, Dorion did really well.

Vegas got a consistent 60 plus point player even when unhealthy and got the extension done for March 1st, Brannstrom is pretty much what makes this deal, like said above the others are just gravy.

1 minute ago, combover said:

Nope. 

A good d prospect. Is all  they got. For a non rental that stinks. 

You’re selling Branstrom short here. He’s not far off of the level of Quinn Hughes. An argument can be made he’s at that level. Ottawa got a much much better return than a late first and a depth player. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Branstrom is worth everything NYR got for Hayes. The rest of Ottawa’s return is gravy. 

All some people see are picks. The players/prospects they know nothing about are worthless in their eyes.

Brannstrom was a recent top 15 pick. A 1st from Vegas would be a lower pick.

16 hours ago, theo5789 said:

All some people see are picks. The players/prospects they know nothing about are worthless in their eyes.

Brannstrom was a recent top 15 pick. A 1st from Vegas would be a lower pick.

A recent top 15 pick whose value has trended upwards considerably since his draft. 

Archived