The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Wayne Simmonds to Predators for Ryan Hartman, conditional 2020 4th-round pick

6 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

That's right. I remember him playing center. Where do you think he'll slide in with the Predators?

2nd line wing - Turris is C2 and he is not a playmaker but Granlund is.  He was the Wilds' best and actually only true playmaker.   

Johansen and Granlund both drive their coaches crazy because they don't shoot enough - they can't be on the same line.

I don't know if they would break up their 1st line and have either Arvidsson or Forsberg with Granlund given his set-up skills.  Both Arvidsson and Forsberg are 30 goal scorers.  

Boudreau called Zucker Koivu Granlund his shutdown line the season they spent together.  They were scoring like a 1st line despite zone starts of under 40% and playing against the other teams top lines.

Bonino is the Predators' shutdown line with the lowest zone starts on the team (30%).  Turris has one of the highest zone starts in the league at 70% and has not been that much more productive than Bonino.  So another option would be to have Granlund with Bonino as 2nd line and have Turris as a sheltered 3rd offensive line. 

Granlund gives them just so many options given his versatility and him playing a solid 200ft game.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

With the Preds out, the pick remains a 4th.  And for all those who continue to be enthralled with Simmonds despite his performance and placement on waivers the past few years (and are likely push for us to sign him in the off-season), he finished with 4 points in 19 games.

But hitz man! Hitz!

I wanted Wayne Simmons a few years ago before he started to fall off the score sheet. Nothing more than a declining asset at this point. Would be a terrible acquisition.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

With the Preds out, the pick remains a 4th.  And for all those who continue to be enthralled with Simmonds despite his performance and placement on waivers the past few years (and are likely push for us to sign him in the off-season), he finished with 4 points in 19 games.

Pretty $&!#ty year for him but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Nasvhille's got not real superstar. Team by committee play style. At some point, you're gonna need that superstar to really take control of offense. 

Contrary to what RonMexico said, Simmonds wouldn't be a bad signing and probably one of the only signings I'd make in regards to offense, assuming he does not get re-signed by Nashville. With Simmonds you'll be getting at least about 20 goals and provide some of that pushback and grit we miss in our line-up. He won't be commanding much due to his poor year, perhaps take advantage of it.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Simmonds was never placed on waivers. Not sure what you're talking about. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Simmonds was never placed on waivers. Not sure what you're talking about. 

Doesn't change my opinion that Simmonds would still be a poor signing. Production trending down as he hits 30. Philly did the smart thing by trading him before he further eroded his value. Let's not be the team to sign another blunder.