The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Maybe Ottawa shipped out knowing what he was all about. LOL   

They seen us coming. I am glad it was just for Burrows. Maybe Jimbo his found a solid player in the end.

Funny hey? We seemed to think Nucks robbed Ottawa and SJ for Dhalen and Goldy when the trades happened, yet Ottawa and SJ clearly had a reason to let them go for very aging players....now we see the warts that were not so obvious.

Edited by 40Dangles
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Maybe Ottawa shipped out knowing what he was all about. LOL   

They seen us coming. I am glad it was just for Burrows. Maybe Jimbo his found a solid player in the end.

Dorion after the trade told Le Droit that he wasn't a key prospect for them and they didn't believe he would become an impact player at the NHL level.  

• Upvote 1

Going on the record now that I don’t like this trade on bit.  There must be something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.  Seems like a step backwards, Dahlen is close to NHL ready IMO.  Not going to throw the remote like I did when he passed on MT for OJ,  but this Karlsson kid better play like his name-sakes...

• Upvote 1

No great loss for Utica. Dahlen very rarely was noticable at even strength.  Only time we noticed him was on the pp when he would have more time and space. 

He's a skill player, but there's not really anyone here that would complement his style.  He would rarley carry the puck but instead would move it quickly. It was kinda like he didn't wanna get hit.. 

• Upvote 2