The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Looks like he improved a lot over last year, but I'm hesitant to say I like this deal. I'm just gonna have to trust Jimbo with this one since he's proven me wrong countless times before.

Dahlen was looking pretty decent in Utica and has obvious chemistry with Petey. A bit worried how EP will take this news.

Karlsson looks like a decent player in the SHL this year, 17 points in 48 games in his draft+1 year.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this could be a good deal for us. Dahlen played in Sweden's 2nd league for two years after being drafted whereas Karlsson is already in the SHL immediately after being drafted, which shows a faster progression. I've already changed my mind, I like this deal now.

JB savaged the Comets today.......dahlen gone and either Schenn or Sautner will likely be staying for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Looks like he improved a lot over last year, but I'm hesitant to say I like this deal. I'm just gonna have to trust Jimbo with this one since he's proven me wrong countless times before.

Dahlen was looking pretty decent in Utica and has obvious chemistry with Petey. A bit worried how EP will take this news.

Karlsson looks like a decent player in the SHL this year, 17 points in 48 games in his draft+1 year.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this could be a good deal for us. Dahlen played in Sweden's 2nd league for two years after being drafted whereas Karlsson is already in the SHL immediately after being drafted, which shows a faster progression. I've already changed my mind, I like this deal now.

Petterson is a pro, he'll be fine

• Upvote 3