The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Usually abuse of officials in the NHL is an automatic suspension, not sure the rules in the SHL are.  I've seen the general suspension for that ranges from 2-5 games depending on the severity in the SHL. So Linus may be sitting for a few games.

Trying to find a clip of it. 

12 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Probably....but Dahlen has more points in the same league (actually he is leading the league in points)...

Linus has a more rounded game and it will likely transfer better too the NHL...

It's really a wonder why Dahlen isn't in the SHL trying to develop his game against men. He's absolutely dominant in this league and I guess he's loyal to Timra which is great, but he doesn't appear to want to challenge himself and prefers the easier competition. Two NHL teams have already moved on from him and who knows where SJ is at with him, but he appears to be unsigned by them also. Something doesn't seem right.

• Cheers 1

On 12/5/2020 at 11:57 PM, theo5789 said:

It's really a wonder why Dahlen isn't in the SHL trying to develop his game against men. He's absolutely dominant in this league and I guess he's loyal to Timra which is great, but he doesn't appear to want to challenge himself and prefers the easier competition. Two NHL teams have already moved on from him and who knows where SJ is at with him, but he appears to be unsigned by them also. Something doesn't seem right.

Does Dahlen have a choice?  I always assumed that Timra owns his rights in Sweden whether his team is in the SHL  or demoted.

Either way, I see him as a AAAA type player.  Very good in the lower leagues, but not good enough for the big leagues.

16 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Does Dahlen have a choice?  I always assumed that Timra owns his rights in Sweden whether his team is in the SHL  or demoted.

Either way, I see him as a AAAA type player.  Very good in the lower leagues, but not good enough for the big leagues.

Surely his agent should be trying to get him into the best situation, although his agent may have gotten him into a mess with the Canucks in the first place.