The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He keeps putting on the points - I have a feeling his transition to utica next season, his future is on the wings.  I don't think he has enough speed to play at center. His overall skating still looks a little clunky.

He'll pick Gadjovich' brain and find out what he did to improve.  My boy is determined to make the bigs .....

• Cheers 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He keeps putting on the points - I have a feeling his transition to utica next season, his future is on the wings.  I don't think he has enough speed to play at center. His overall skating still looks a little clunky.

We hold hi rights until june 2022

On 3/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think he'll work on his skating and everything is golden. Not saying Karlsson is Boeser, but I am very impressed with the skating improvements that he's made this offseason.

Wow, what a trade to get rid of self-entitled Dahlen. Such a shame that he didn't pay his dues in the AHL so he could fight for his chance in the NHL.

Edited by Dazzle

On 2/26/2019 at 2:43 AM, ForzaTikare said:

I have seen some of Karlssons games, the team itself can be compared to Timrå Dahléns 18yo season, his usage aswell.. I cant see Dahlen as someone that would give up easily as I have met him lots of Times in person here. (Hard to imagine him wanting to give up a chance on playing for the career with his best friend in EP aswell.) 

Can just hope for the best both for Dahlén and Karlsson, Dahlén stays in the conference and will have plenty of chance to play against EP if he plays his cards right. 

I think Dahlén will be the best player in this trade, maybe not the most valuable though. 

Dahlen has to play a top 6 role and Bos spot on the PP, Karlsson feels like another Gaudette who can slot in where he is needed (if they reach their ceilings) my current feeligg is that LK has about 15-20% chance to become an NHLer

What's the inside scoop if you can provide some on Dahlen? Why did he want out so badly? Why did SJ let him go back to Sweden after they got him? And above all, why did he re-join his second tier Swedish team, instead of the first tier?

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/212368/jonathan-dahlen

Look at the most recent stats, I don't see any clear progression. This was a really good trade for the Canucks in hindsight.

Edited by Dazzle

This was a really good trade for the Canucks in hindsight.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's proved nothing yet, he might well top out as a good Allsvenskan player, who knos. Certainly the Canucks are in a wait and see mode as they haven't signed him yet, he's on the reserve list and that expires 1st June 2022

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

What's the inside scoop if you can provide some on Dahlen? Why did he want out so badly? Why did SJ let him go back to Sweden after they got him? And above all, why did he re-join his second tier Swedish team, instead of the first tier?

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/212368/jonathan-dahlen

Look at the most recent stats, I don't see any clear progression. This was a really good trade for the Canucks in hindsight.

He didnt feel like he was geting a chance to get into his game in utica, and afger his monoculisis and concussions he needed to get back into The game, hence The Sharks let him go to Sweden. After a good year all SHL Teams wanted to sign him (there is no such thing as a minor league team owned by a shl team here like the NHL/AHL). This year he felt like Timrå had a good chance to be promotwd to The SHL again and he wanted to stay in an attempt of bringing them up again, this time for more than a year. 

This year he has been evolving, being team Captain and improving his sight, passning and defensive plays alot. Did well in his games for the national team as The only Allsvenskan player 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's proved nothing yet, he might well top out as a good Allsvenskan player, who knos. Certainly the Canucks are in a wait and see mode as they haven't signed him yet, he's on the reserve list and that expires 1st June 2022

Benning'd better sign him .... I dont want to go back to my Lord Varys avatar

On 3/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, Dazzle said:

I think he'll work on his skating and everything is golden. Not saying Karlsson is Boeser, but I am very impressed with the skating improvements that he's made this offseason.

Wow, what a trade to get rid of self-entitled Dahlen. Such a shame that he didn't pay his dues in the AHL so he could fight for his chance in the NHL.

I think all Dahlen ever wanted to be was a hero in his home town. I don’t think the big money and North American fame ever motivated him that much, and I don’t think the physical beatings on his small frame in the AHL excited him too much either. Prestige in his own community Meant more to him, in balance. I can’t blame a guy for having such innocent desires... maybe there is a girl... or whatever.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I think all Dahlen ever wanted to be was a hero in his home town. I don’t think the big money and North American fame ever motivated him that much, and I don’t think the physical beatings on his small frame in the AHL excited him too much either. Prestige in his own community Meant more to him, in balance. I can’t blame a guy for having such innocent desires... maybe there is a girl... or whatever.

You might be onto something. He's been in Timra ever since. Going overseas didn't seem to be his thing.

22 hours ago, Dazzle said:

You might be onto something. He's been in Timra ever since. Going overseas didn't seem to be his thing.

I read something a few years ago when he used to play with Pettersson, and Pettersson changed teams to move up to the first division. Dahlen stayed with the hometown team because his ambition was to get them advanced to the first division. Much like European football leagues, they have a relegation/promotion system. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I read something a few years ago when he used to play with Pettersson, and Pettersson changed teams to move up to the first division. Dahlen stayed with the hometown team because his ambition was to get them advanced to the first division. Much like European football leagues, they have a relegation/promotion system. 

Really interesting stuff, but at at the same time, Dahlen had been insisting that he was NHL ready. I just don't understand why he was pouting so much during the AHL and bolted to Sweden afterwards.

56 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Really interesting stuff, but at at the same time, Dahlen had been insisting that he was NHL ready. I just don't understand why he was pouting so much during the AHL and bolted to Sweden afterwards.

I don’t think he anticipated the physical nature of the AHL, not as brutal as the IHL used to be, but not Sweden. And maybe as simple as homesickness - “Country of the Heart” so to speak - a lot of Russians feel it, and maybe Dahlen, too.

• Cheers 1

On 3/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, Dazzle said:

Dahlen was self entitled and I think having Pettersson advance so quickly made him want his shot even more. His good friend who was a year younger made the NHL team. Dahlen probably felt like he could hang if Pettersson could. It’s a shame because I really liked him as a prospect. A good trade to find a guy like Linus that the scouting team really liked in his draft year!

• Cheers 2