The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Dahlen was self entitled and I think having Pettersson advance so quickly made him want his shot even more. His good friend who was a year younger made the NHL team. Dahlen probably felt like he could hang if Pettersson could. It’s a shame because I really liked him as a prospect. A good trade to find a guy like Linus that the scouting team really liked in his draft year!

I believe Lars Lindgren is the Pro scout in EU

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, rizzuto&hatoum said:

You would think he would want to follow his old man, who had a good relatively long career in the NHL.

There are athletes who dream of competing, and succeeding, against the best players in the world. Then there are players who find a niche as a relatively big fish in a relatively small pond, and they stay there because it makes them happy and fulfilled. And perhaps Jonathan believes that there is no way he could be as good an NHL player as his dad was. Sons tend to compete with their fathers only in the areas they think they can be better. Not only is Dahlen not willing to do what it takes to play in the NHL, it also appears he doesn't want to move up to the top league in Sweden. He's what I call a settler; he settles for less than others expect of him.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, but does it look like Linus is a lot bigger (taller and looking more beefier)? Listed at 6 feet 179lbs when drafted. I wonder if he is filling out a bit or perhaps the opposition is smaller. Nonetheless, something I've noticed this past season is that Linus engages more physically and uses his size to get into more danger areas of the ice. Good puck protection and using his frame to have position over the dman. Gets a garbage goal, but again as I've said before, Karlsson seems to have found more ways to score different kinds of goals compared to several years ago where a lot of them came off of stationary blasts from the half wall.

• Vintage 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Who’s this Dahlen guy you’re talking about, anyway? ;) 

All I know is if Karlsson makes an impact on the Canucks I hope nobody goes digging for my posts about the trade originally.

He seems like a real good project right now

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

All I know is if Karlsson makes an impact on the Canucks I hope nobody goes digging for my posts about the trade originally.

He seems like a real good project right now

Dahlen looked good in the AHL TIL he got run over a couple of times and fled to the periphery. Then he blamed the coaches for not playing him. Then he goes back to Sweden and prefers playing in the second tier. Another good reason for liking the trade.