The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Scored the only Canucks goal and a shootout goal in the loss today. 

Plus, on Saturday night, he was the first star of the game, while he mostly played center. He knows his way around the net, but in my opinion, the best player in Abby, hands down is Hoglander. He was NHL ready in his first season. A few of the current Canucks commented on his play. Tanner Pearson, called him the "real deal".

• Cheers 1

How has our leading scorer on the farm (who is also a rookie) not gotten a shot on the big club yet?  In spite of not being fast enough apparently, he has been a solid winger that plays in all situations and in spite of his size, plays fearlessly with an edge.  He has even played a little center on the PK.  I don't get why he hasn't got a shot yet. B)

7 hours ago, dpn1 said:

How has our leading scorer on the farm (who is also a rookie) not gotten a shot on the big club yet?  In spite of not being fast enough apparently, he has been a solid winger that plays in all situations and in spite of his size, plays fearlessly with an edge.  He has even played a little center on the PK.  I don't get why he hasn't got a shot yet. B)

The leading scorer  was Pederson, they brought him up and he never quite made it despite having better stats. I'm hoping Karlsson makes it but right now in terms to P/G he's behind where Pederson was. 

Edited by Fred65

15 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The leading scorer  was Pederson, they brought him up and he never quite made it despite having better stats. I'm hoping Karlsson makes it but right now in terms to P/G he's behind where Pederson was. 

Just curious, have you seen him play? I've only been to two games in Abby but he looks pretty damn good. Good hands, and plays in the dirty areas. I hope they let him play the rest of the season out in Abby though, as well as Hoglander.

7 hours ago, dpn1 said:

No rush, he will get his shot.  No reason to interrupt any momentum he has right now to play a few minutes a game with the Canucks.  He will get a shot out of camp next year.  The fact that him, Hoglander and a few others are doin very well right now should not mean they get promoted, this is what the team is trying to avoid.  

I haven't watched any Abby games for a few weeks, but one this is becoming pretty clear---the organization wants a structure in place that both teams will use.  Production or not, the ability to play in that structure will out weigh points.  Small sample, but these Abby guys--PDG, Wolanin, Breezer, Juulsen have been outstanding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

No rush, he will get his shot.  No reason to interrupt any momentum he has right now to play a few minutes a game with the Canucks.  He will get a shot out of camp next year.  The fact that him, Hoglander and a few others are doin very well right now should not mean they get promoted, this is what the team is trying to avoid.  

I haven't watched any Abby games for a few weeks, but one this is becoming pretty clear---the organization wants a structure in place that both teams will use.  Production or not, the ability to play in that structure will out weigh points.  Small sample, but these Abby guys--PDG, Wolanin, Breezer, Juulsen have been outstanding.

I have been watching the Abby games and have really enjoyed them especially this season.  I would agree that Breezer and Wolanin have been outstanding.  Breezer has shown a consistency in his game that he has not been evident before.  This level of consistency is the difference between playing in Vancouver and playing in Abbotsford.  Wolanin has been Abby's best player but I am not so sure about Juulsen.  I actually think that Jett Woo deserved a call up before Juulsen did this time around.  Jett has been playing well and I think his speed has improved enough to make him effective as a RD call up before Juulsen.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:11 AM, johngould21 said:

Just curious, have you seen him play? I've only been to two games in Abby but he looks pretty damn good. Good hands, and plays in the dirty areas. I hope they let him play the rest of the season out in Abby though, as well as Hoglander.

I really like his puck control and ability to hold the puck long enough to find a better play. That’s what confident players do. He has also really stepped up his defensive game. Abby is @ great place for him to develop his game because he is getting a ton of ice time and responsibility. Coach Colliton and his assistants + Sedins, is a great place for young players to polish their game. In addition, having a couple of former NHL scoring champions teach you the finer points ofvth3vgame and the fitness and dedication required to be a successful NHLer is a pretty extraordinary situation. If I was a college free agent or junior overages, or undrafted Euro, this is where I’d want to come to become an nhler. I’ve gotta think that player agents too, have to see how this situation can help their young clients.

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I really like his puck control and ability to hold the puck long enough to find a better play. That’s what confident players do. He has also really stepped up his defensive game. Abby is @ great place for him to develop his game because he is getting a ton of ice time and responsibility. Coach Colliton and his assistants + Sedins, is a great place for young players to polish their game. In addition, having a couple of former NHL scoring champions teach you the finer points ofvth3vgame and the fitness and dedication required to be a successful NHLer is a pretty extraordinary situation. If I was a college free agent or junior overages, or undrafted Euro, this is where I’d want to come to become an nhler. I’ve gotta think that player agents too, have to see how this situation can help their young clients.

Oh yes, these guys monitor Santa Clause if they think he could develp into a player and provide them with a nice commission. They see what's happening in Abbotsford and talk to  their clients regularly 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 11:25 AM, dpn1 said:

Can it have something to do with bonus money regarding wich player goes up or not.

Ferland on LTIR is bad for th cap regarding bonus money if I remember it rigth.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:56 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

I at first wasn't impressed with the Colliton hiring, as he didn't exactly turn heads in Chicago. Maybe this step back is good for his (Colliton) development too. Mark my words this organization is going to reap the benefits of having those two around, here in Vancouver and finally their farm team an hours drive from Vancouver. Look at the improvements of kids like Bains, Karlsson, Hoglander, Woo, having finally three kids that can play defense at the NHL level in Brisbois, Wolanin, and Juulsen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I at first wasn't impressed with the Colliton hiring, as he didn't exactly turn heads in Chicago. Maybe this step back is good for his (Colliton) development too. Mark my words this organization is going to reap the benefits of having those two around, here in Vancouver and finally their farm team an hours drive from Vancouver. Look at the improvements of kids like Bains, Karlsson, Hoglander, Woo, having finally three kids that can play defense at the NHL level in Brisbois, Wolanin, and Juulsen.

In the vegas game I watched Brisbois and Walanen. GB was used on  the PK and did pretty good, occasionally being gilty of chasing his check but mostly OK. I never saw Wolenen on the PK and frankly was defensively out of position and soft along the boards. Juulsen  seems to have turned a corner, maybe confidence. Is Karlsson better than Lane Pederson ??

Edited by Fred65

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason this guy isn't getting talked about much. He's had a fantastic first season in North America. Definitely better than I would have predicted. 

Even years after retirement Burrows is still coming through clutch for us.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

For some reason this guy isn't getting talked about much. He's had a fantastic first season in North America. Definitely better than I would have predicted. 

Even years after retirement Burrows is still coming through clutch for us.

I like that he's not a pushover.  He's actually quite scrappy.  I could see him playing on the Nucks 3rd line alongside

Raty some day.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1