The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dahlen vs Karlsson WTF?!

Nuke

Perhaps not a disaster?  According to the press conference and Dahlen's agent, they wanted a trade.  They didn't like that he hadn't been called up to the big club yet.  

Not willing to earn the right?  Who knows, I'm sure both sides will put their perspective out there with some blame being applied both ways.  Either way, don't think it qualifies as a "disaster trade" for the Canucks.  

Most times in situations like this I'm guessing there is a lot more from behind the curtain that we as fans aren't privy to.  

He requested a trade so don’t blame Benning. Rumour is that his side was upset that he hadn’t been called up by the big club yet, but the Canucks felt he wasn’t ready. I agree with the Canucks and I like the kid too. 

From what I watched in Utica, he was way too inconsistent to earn a call up. He has a ways to go before he can make it in the big league. 

6 minutes ago, skategal said:

Perhaps not a disaster?  According to the press conference and Dahlen's agent, they wanted a trade.  They didn't like that he hadn't been called up to the big club yet.  

Not willing to earn the right?  Who knows, I'm sure both sides will put their perspective out there with some blame being applied both ways.  Either way, don't think it qualifies as a "disaster trade" for the Canucks.  

Most times in situations like this I'm guessing there is a lot more from behind the curtain that we as fans aren't privy to.  

Im sure this goes back as one of the worst trades in Nucks history, youll see in a couple of years when he had the chance to prove him self. 

I really like Dahlen and I'm not fond of this trade so far, but I don't see how anyone could argue that he should have been called up. WIsh management would've just told him he wasn't going anywhere and to shut up and play, but I guess we'll never know the whole story. Still feels like we're selling low on Dahlen.

Dahlen wanted out, so I offer GMJB a partial reprieve, seeing as he hadn't come anywhere close to earning an NHL job yet.

With that said, we got a piss poor return. Why not hold onto him and see if something better comes up in the offseason? Even if nothing better had come up, this deal would likely still be on the table in the offseason. 

His father is "Freaky ULF" Dahlen!!! Thsi guy has grit, he IS grit, this guy gonna get some real job done in San Jose. And this is sd news for our biggest star EP40 since its gis best friend from Timrå in Sweden. WTF were they thinking???!!!

giphy1.gif

Archived