The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The TDL Benning Complaint Thread Department

Warhippy

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Please feel free to seat yourself in the waiting room provided in the link below for all your ZOMG BENNING related complaints.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/vancouver-canucks.36/

Honestly...wtf did you want him to do?  Tanev injured.  Edler wouldn't waive.  We don't yet have the depth to facilitate the trades or returns people seem to expect to happen.  benning has been rebuilding for just over 3 years.  Since he took over he took one of the oldest teams against the cap full of NMC and NTC's and literally zero prospect or roster depth.

His first year he traded across for NHL ready youth

His second year he traded across for NHL depth, kept a few

His third year he kept it

His fourth year he kept it

Now literally just now we're starting to see the depth of prospects enter the AHL, Still have prospects in Europe and the NCAA and have arguably two of the best young players under the age of 22 on our roster.  We were not supposed to be nearly as good as we are, we weren't supposed to challenge.  People hated Gudbranson when he brought him here, now they hate that he was traded.  people seem to think Benning lost on the DelZaster trade somehow and more.

You people literally cannot be pleased or take the time to see what is currently being built.

So please have a seat in the provided waiting room and lodge all your complaints there with the rest of the crowd.

Thank You

Management.

Pretty fricken happy with how this deadline went.

Don't think Gudbranson is a bad player, but didn't really fit the style of hockey that we're trying to play.

Dahlen trade, I see as a lateral move, maybe they just saw something in this other kid that they thought was missing from Dahlen's game. Considering JB's track record on drafting and that he wanted him at the draft, willing to give him benefit of doubt.

He cleared space on the blueline for Hughes to join the team in about 7 to 10 days.

Moved Del Zotto a few weeks before the deadline as well as Gagner. 

Wasn't a lot else to do, we have kids that are going to get a chance to show that they can contribute between now and the end of the year, and I'd say that we have a more mobile blueline today than we did yesterday and it will be even more mobile in less than 2 weeks.

JB did what he said he would do, didn't move our picks, adjusted the construction of the team with some player for player trades.

Can't ask for much more!

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

people seem to think Benning lost on the DelZaster trade

On that point at least one can argue that trade didn't work out as well as originally thought.  We got a lower pick (though it was a crappy pick anyhow...not a huge different between low and a bit lower) and had to take a small cap dump contract plus retain salary vs what he got later.  I'll chalk that one up to the trade deadline inflating things up a bit.

Dahlen proved absolutely nothing in the NHL and is on his 3rd team in 2 years... Maybe Benning and co., know something we don't.

As for losing toughness with Guddy, I'm okay with that because there aren't a lot of teams that carry fighters anymore. I'd rather see a few more goals then a fight every 3 months.

I call this deadline addition by subtraction

17 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

@Warhippy

This gatekeeping is nonsense, and below someone of your intellect.

We are all fans, even if we disagree about the way the ship is being steered.

Like seriously, I don't understand the thought process of shutting out opinions that don't agree. Conversate about them. I remember when Deb used to hate me because I didn't think Burrows would play until he was 50, and banned me for it.

Talk. Skip the insults.

Amen.

Ridiculous how many times people have reacted to a negative post about something Benning has done with "then why are you here? go to HF."

Absolutely baffling how people on a DISCUSSION board feel like the other person should leave if they don't agree lol.

Thought of the day...….

Winner at the 2018 July UFA sweepstakes...…………..Toronto for signing Tavares

Winner at the 2019 Feb. 25 TDL...……………………….Vegas for again signing the best up and coming UFA in Mark Stone

If Benning is going to sign any UFA this summer......he should either sign a starter or nothing....go big or go home!

Sign a difference maker!

31 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

@Warhippy

This gatekeeping is nonsense, and below someone of your intellect.

We are all fans, even if we disagree about the way the ship is being steered.

Like seriously, I don't understand the thought process of shutting out opinions that don't agree. Conversate about them. I remember when Deb used to hate me because I didn't think Burrows would play until he was 50, and banned me for it.

Talk. Skip the insults.

No $hit like wtf boys we are on the same team. Let's get hammered and solve the world's problems over disagreements, laughter, and beers.

We all hate taxes and rain, next.

19 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

The leafs were notorious for signing bums like Loui eriksson and trading for gudbranson and not building through the draft.  That has sinced changed and both their AHL and nhl clubs are incredibly deep.  

Our GM is known for his scouting,  so why is he not gm'ing to his strentghs and loading up on picks.   You are okay with one extra draft pick acquired over a 5 year period?  Okay then

I don't get how they traded Phanuef without retaining salary and Mathias for a 4th? when we couldn't deal Hammer or Mathias.

I still hate them.

17 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Smarter than those idiots on HFboards. But please, cry more for me.

By the way, got anymore from your garbage "inside sources" on who we will be trading for?

And your opinion is more important / valid than someone else's / someone on HF because?

6 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Ahh, there is the predictable garbage post from you.

Do you even have an opinion on the actual team or do you just come here to throw personal insults at people because it's not acceptable to do it in real life?

Archived