Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

After a very solid start, Pearson has cooled off bigtime. Hopefully he picks it up again. 

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

After a very solid start, Pearson has cooled off bigtime. Hopefully he picks it up again. 

Doesn't Pearson also play on the PK as well as PP2?

He's quite versatile.

Also he provides BO with a defensive forward on his line so BO can do his patented rushes (that worked a few times this playoffs).

Wonder what we could get for Pearson in a trade?

28 years old. One year left on his deal. Coming off a career year in scoring and scoring rate (per game). Doubt his value will ever be higher. And I doubt we can afford to re-sign him when his deal is up. Plus, hopefully he’ll be replaced in the depth chart by one of our developing players.

Seems like the ideal time to made a trade. 

Re-sign Leivo as a very cheap replacement/stopgap.

And hopefully between Höglander, Podkolzin, Lind, McDonough, etc, we’ll be overflowing with winger options anyway in the coming years.

I like Pearson, but trading him now just makes too much sense to me. I’d expect we’d net a very solid return. Plus the cap space it would free up for our current needs.

EDIT: also Roussel (assuming he’s not moved—and he wouldn’t return nearly as much as Pearson anyway) is a an option for that 2LW spot. He’s not at Pearson’s level offensively, but Rous has shown some chemistry with Horvat in the past, and he also has shown a knack for fitting in with skilled players during his career. Plenty of pop on that line if Toffoli or Boeser plays right wing, and then just slot in Rous or Leivo on LW as a placeholder until one of the prospects forces his way into the top-six

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
  • Hydration 2