The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

23 hours ago, lmm said:

Perry , thornton, Spezza are all on one year league minimum deals

and outscoring Pearson

Those were players signing team friendly contracts trying to win a cup before they retire. Not really a fair comparable to Tanner.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

I gave you a beer for the first part

Re part 2

I know reasons, I just ommitted them for brevity

Like Richardson was injured, etc.

But Matthias was a classic case of not selling high on his career year.

Hamhius was a JB Bungle

And lets be honest

the only player Jim has brought in from deadline sell off is Motte

that is pretty terrible for a "rebuilding GM"

:bored:

1 hour ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

https://www.tsn.ca/video/trade-bait-savard-leaps-ekholm-for-top-spot~2171688

Take this with a grain of salt, starts at 1.50 mark. 

Frank Seravalli from TSN, reports that the Canucks are confident that something will get done on a Tanner Pearson contract extension and that both sides are optimistic. It could involve Pearson taking a little bit of a pay cut as that seems to be the way things are going this season and with the market trends. The Canucks are doing everything they can to try and keep Pearson. Seravalli says the team has identified him as a “glue guy” in their room and he’s extremely close with captain Bo Horvat. They want to get a deal taken care of before the deadline.

Bo doesn't want more revolving F partners, hard to blame him. I'm not trilled but we'll see what "a little bit of a pay cut" means. 3 years 10 mil total probably. 

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

image.thumb.png.c1c0760cb38ae8ff611225a43c2793cc.png

I think Pearson gets around 3.25. Thats just my guess, but I'd move him down the lineup, he seems better as a third line LW, jack of all trades guys sort of like Chris Higgins was when we acquired/utilized him.

$3.25 is a lot of money for   third liner ...IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think Pearson gets around 3.25. Thats just my guess, but I'd move him down the lineup, he seems better as a third line LW, jack of all trades guys sort of like Chris Higgins was when we acquired/utilized him.

We don't have money to pay Pearson 2 million to be a  3rd line winger....Trade him for 3rd or 4th round pick..

Pearson 28 -- 33GP -- 11 points-- 16:15 min per game - 2nd line beside Horvat....Sorry no Pearson -- Podkolzin will be better..

25 million cap  room..

1. Demko -- 5 million -- Signed

2. Petey --  7.5 million X 3 yrs

3. Hughes -- 7 million X 3 yrs

4. Podkolzin  950,000 X 3 yrs entry level -- Will take play with -  Horvat -- Boeser

5. Juolevi - 2 X 900,000

6. Vesey 900,000 X 1 yr

7. Boyd  875,000 X 1 yr

24 million -- No money to sign Hamonic ....

8. Need to sign Hamonic to play with Hughes  2 yrs X 1.9 million -- 

Edited by wildcam

On 4/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

Bo doesn't want more revolving F partners, hard to blame him. I'm not trilled but we'll see what "a little bit of a pay cut" means. 3 years 10 mil total probably. 

I'm hoping Hoglander and Podholzin can be the staple 2nd line for Bo. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, DSVII said:

I'm hoping Hoglander and Podholzin can be the staple 2nd line for Bo. 

Yes, cut Pearson loose please. One good thing Pearson does is straight line skating down the boards with the puck. He rarely ever scores this way but it's very helpful in clearing the zone when the kids and Miller are playing like the the Washington Generals in their own end. He also scores some big goals. Not worth $3m a year though, especially if wants a top 6 roll. If he want's a 2 x 2 contract and we can ditch Roussel I would be on board, if not I'm not sure where he fits in the line-up moving forward. Miller, Petterson, Hoglander, Roussel, Motte, Podkolzin, Vesey, Hawryluk, Virtanen, could all play LW, as could another UFA.

Yah. Green submit button!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, cut Pearson loose please. One good thing Pearson does is straight line skating down the boards with the puck. He rarely ever scores this way but it's very helpful in clearing the zone when the kids and Miller are playing like the the Washington Generals in their own end. He also scores some big goals. Not worth $3m a year though, especially if wants a top 6 roll. If he want's a 2 x 2 contract and we can ditch Roussel I would be on board, if not I'm not sure where he fits in the line-up moving forward. Miller, Petterson, Hoglander, Roussel, Motte, Podkolzin, Vesey, Hawryluk, Virtanen, could all play LW, as could another UFA.

Yah. Green submit button!

I think the 2019-20 Pearson was a solid 2nd line player, but the current one is more of a bottom six guy. Definitely either need to sign him for cheap or move on.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:31 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

i can see into the future - Buzz and Woody (Toy Story) Meme | Make a Meme

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

HORRIBLE DEAL. PLZ GET RID OF BENNING... The guy seems to do pretty good contracts for young players but when someone is older, benning like inflates their value by 200%....

He seems "pretty good" at contracts for young players because young players are either on an ELC which practically writes itself (yet he still managed to screw up the Tryamkin one) or are RFA.

Huh, Well ive been a supporter of JB throughout his tenure but this one leaves me scratching my head 

Even if injury prevented a trade for picks, this just too much $$ and for 1 year too long, IMHO. Lets hope this doesnt hurt HALF as much as LE horrible contract.

2 years x 2.5mill is what i thought would be fair

Aquaman must have approved though, HUH

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

According to The Athletic, the Canucks will protect him in the expansion draft.

If that's true, then unless the Canucks trade Virtanen and Gaudette, I guess both have a good chance of being exposed in expansion.

If there really is a strong chance that Beagle will be on LTIR next year, then I assume the Kraken won't bother selecting him.  Roussel is probably going to be exposed but I would be surprised if he's the top candidate for the Kraken.  One of Myers or Schmidt will need to be exposed with my assumption being that it would be Myers, but it could easily be Schmidt if management remains very high on Myers.  Myers also has the advantage of being a RHD.  Holtby will be the last required exposure for the Canucks.

My guess is the Kraken will either go with the exposed Dman or a young forward from the Canucks. Either Schmidt or Myers would be reasonable add for an expansion team.  I would be very surprised if they take Holtby.

I don't mind Pearson overall and the AAV of this contract is somewhat defensible but it still does not feel like the kind of deal that moves the needle forward in any way for the Canucks.