The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Might even be able to get McNabb cheap this TDL when they have to find cap for Eichel. But a contender likely rents him.

Yes I always liked McNabbs snarl... but think he'll be a looked at from many teams... 

maybe in fre agency... 

Best part is, we can now start to narrow down, what we are in need of... don't think we are far from being an interesting team...

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't say he's having a strong season, but at the very least, Pearson's year so far has definitely been better than last year's. He has four more points in three fewer games than last year. On pace for 38 points.

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 4:41 AM, -AJ- said:

I wouldn't say he's having a strong season, but at the very least, Pearson's year so far has definitely been better than last year's. He has four more points in three fewer games than last year. On pace for 38 points.

To me Pearson is a guy that does all the heavy lifting on a line, his hard work gives his line mates opportunities but if they don't capitalize on them it reflects on Pearson's stat card.  Pearson is generally a player that earns every point he gets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thrago said:

To me Pearson is a guy that does all the heavy lifting on a line, his hard work gives his line mates opportunities but if they don't capitalize on them it reflects on Pearson's stat card.  Pearson is generally a player that earns every point he gets.

I see Pearson as a solid 3LW. If the mantra is younger he might be gone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thrago said:

He's a guy that makes every line better.  There's a reason why the line that has been producing throughout the year has almost always had Pearson on it.

Pearson used to cop a lot of slack but under Bruce he's been playing at a 20 goal, 40 point pace. Considering the fact that he's basically a penalty killer who gets no/limited PP time and is used as almost a 3rd liner, that's pretty damn good for his cap hit.

With no Sutter, you need guys like Pearson who can defend and also chip in occasionally. Every team needs a couple of guys like Pearson.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Not too sure of the validity.  If there is anything to it, I might consider it.  He is having an exceptional year comparing it to past tenures with us.

Must say, I think it's a wee bit poopy we're not considered contenders. None the less, they said they wanted cap space. This may be better then

some of the alternatives.  Thoughts?

Oh God in Heaven let this be true and Pearson is gone by Monday.  Would JR do Pearson for Kapanen?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Oh God in Heaven let this be true and Pearson is gone by Monday.  Would JR do Pearson for Kapanen?  

Pearson is the better (complete) player and Kapenan is a UFA this season.  Play him for the rest of the season,

if her performs well re-sign him; if not, let him walk.

To gets Pearson   Van gets Kap + 2nd

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, Alflives said:

Pearson is a glue guy.  I would hate to see this guy go with such a good cap hit.  It's no coincidence Horvat and Miller have played best this season with Pearson on their lines.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Pearson, back next year?

49th best left wing in terms of points so far this year.  Firmly in the middle of the pack of 2nd liners.  29 years old and a SC ring.

I didn't expect a bounce back from him, and even though he's not to 2019-20 form, it's still nice to have a solid 2nd line guy in him.

Pearson is a solid vet, and you need a few of them. I see him riding out his contract in Vancouver, and if the team isn’t a playoff team in 2023-24, he’ll be a good deadline rental. Nothing wrong with that.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just in case fans forget what Pearson brings to the team, I just posted this video in the Miller trade thread to defend his value there, I'm going to go ahead and post it here as well.

He gives us exactly what we need, every single night. One of the most consistent guys on the team.

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Just in case fans forget what Pearson brings to the team, I just posted this video in the Miller trade thread to defend his value there, I'm going to go ahead and post it here as well.

He gives us exactly what we need, every single night. One of the most consistent guys on the team.

I was a huge proponent of the fact that Pearson was seriously underrated in 2019-20, but he fell off a cliff in 2020-21. He bounced back nicely this past year, but I still think he's not what he was in 2019-20 and posting a two-year old highlight package only emphasizes that.

Regardless, I like Pearson on the team and think he's a very solid 3rd line guy who doesn't look out of place when put on the 2nd line for stints.

• Cheers 2