The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another CP Rail train derailment

Podz92

Hey everyone, 

Just saw a CP train derailed in Golden, it has the road blocked to the airport and to Kicking Horse resort. People leaving the ski hill are trapped on the other side with CP police there to fine anybody who tries to cross...

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

Just a quick update. Golden Fire Rescue is there helping people to cross under the bridge. CP is saying it could be two days before they have the road re-opened...

CP has its own policemen?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

CP has its own policemen?  

Yes they train at the same training center as the RCMP. They have all the same powers as RCMP. Only difference is they're paid by CP...and yes they can pull you over and search your vehicle lol

Is It only me that in your memory of high school days,

there were the big goofy bully types,well these are now police because they are big(the do as i say) robot goofs and CP Rail goofs and RCMP goofs.

Some have very poor people skills and sure as hell don't need to be carrying a gun.When you hear about some of the crap they are pulling just to justify their jobs it's scary.

Alfred Hitchcock once said the thing that scared him the most were bad cops.

A lot more training should be required before you let some of these idiots out into the public environment.

I know that these are difficult times and this is why significant training is better than trial by fire,they are supposed to protect and serve the public,not lie and cheat to protect the BLUE GANGS.

Just look how women in general are treated by their very own people in the military or police and you can see what I mean.

3 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Hey everyone, 

Just saw a CP train derailed in Golden, it has the road blocked to the airport and to Kicking Horse resort. People leaving the ski hill are trapped on the other side with CP police there to fine anybody who tries to cross...

Thats a pretty dick move trying to stop people from getting home.The derailment in manitoba they never told the landowner.

My brother works for the railroad. He repairs the tracks and has worked in Golden a lot... I remember a 3-4 years ago a train derailed when he first started working for the railroad I made a joke he was gonna have over time now and he was like oh there are going to be way more the companies paid to repair the track cut so many corners there will be trains derailing everywhere... since then I have seen around 5 trains derailed.  

TLDR: These tracks are so poorly maintained and the companies fixing them are mad cheap.

20 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

My brother works for the railroad. He repairs the tracks and has worked in Golden a lot... I remember a 3-4 years ago a train derailed when he first started working for the railroad I made a joke he was gonna have over time now and he was like oh there are going to be way more the companies paid to repair the track cut so many corners there will be trains derailing everywhere... since then I have seen around 5 trains derailed.  

TLDR: These tracks are so poorly maintained and the companies fixing them are mad cheap.

There were two derailments here in the last week

1 hour ago, 406in604 said:

They sure do and they can fine you exorbitant amounts for crossing decommissioned crossings. 

Do these CP and CN cops hang out at the local Timmy’s?  

Seriously, what the hell do train companies, that move freight, need cops for?  

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Illegal crossings... think of it as Trumps wall but very low. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Well to prevent people from getting killed on tracks and suing the rail company. 

To prevent people from damaging rails and switches to damaging property. Basically to reduce derailments. 

Bottom line is rail lines are private property. 

We have transit cops who are armed. 

Don't think it's too hard to figure out. 

Sadly the fact they need to hire police, says something about society.

Sort of like why do people put graffiti on boxcars, and tanker cars? 

Archived