The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Perry Passes Away at 52 due to Massive Stroke

Tre Mac

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47448666

Actor Luke Perry, star of Beverly Hills, 90210 and Riverdale, dies at age of 52 after suffering stroke last week

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Never Recovered from 'Massive' Stroke

3/4/2019 9:43 AM PST

Luke Perry Dead at 52, 'Beverly Hills, 90210' Star, Didn't Recover After Stroke

EXCLUSIVE

0228-remembering-luke-perry-main-3.jpgLuke Perry -- the TV icon and heartthrob who rose to fame on "Beverly Hills, 90210" -- has died after suffering a massive stroke ... TMZ has learned. 

Luke passed away Monday morning at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank. According to his rep, Luke was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiance Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends.

As we first reported, he was rushed to the hospital last Wednesday morning after suffering the stroke while at his Sherman Oaks, CA home. According to the emergency dispatch audio -- obtained by TMZ -- paramedics received a call for a stroke at the residence. 

Video thumbnail
DISPATCH AUDIO

His reps said doctors had sedated Luke, hoping to give his brain a fighting chance to recover from the trauma of the stroke ... but apparently, the damage was too extensive. 

Born in Mansfield, Ohio ... Luke had a prolific acting career on TV and in movies -- getting his start in the early '80s -- and became a household name on '90210.' After that, his career exploded. Most recently he's had a starring role as Archie's dad on CW's hit show, "Riverdale." 

He also filmed a role in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming Charles Manson movie, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/04/luke-perry-dead-dies-stroke-beverly-hills-90210-riverdale/

Was reading about Keith Flint's death when this was on the side of the page.  I believe they were in the works of doing a 90210 reboot with all the original cast.  Tragic, 52 is far too young.  RIP.

• Tre Mac changed the title to Luke Perry Passes Away at 52 due to Massive Stroke
53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Was reading about Keith Flint's death when this was on the side of the page.  I believe they were in the works of doing a 90210 reboot with all the original cast.  Tragic, 52 is far too young.  RIP.

Except Luke Perry. He was tied up with his role in Riverdale filmed in Van. 

That show brought him and Skeet Ulrich back into doing some decent work.  

RIP Luke.  I am sure it was a hell of a ride. 

Horrible news, far too young.  Strokes are horrible...my Mom had one at 52 years old.  

May he RIP...sad that it wasn't something he could survive but a blessing that he didn't suffer for too long.  I hope his family can find some comfort at this difficult time.

Didn't see much of his work after 90210, but he was he was a somewhat regular on a radio morning show that uses to be on here. Sounded like a nice and interesting guy, and always enjoyed it when he was on.

Damn, 52... hitting too close to home for my liking.  So sad.

Had a minor stroke at 48.

Makes me grateful, I've had no long term effects.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I hit 52 on Thursday.

So this strikes a nerve.

If you have a few bucks, or time to spare. BC Heart and Stroke Foundation for a good cause.

Or even education for the signs of a stroke. (Which I didn't have, just dizziness).

There is no age requirement for a stroke.  It’s a myth that it only affects “old people”.  Everyone, look up “FAST” (re: signs to look for in regards to strokes).  Don’t forget to make regular/annual visits to you GP (doctor).  Life is short enough as it is.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Had a minor stroke at 48.

Makes me grateful, I've had no long term effects.

Condolences to his family and friends.

I hit 52 on Thursday.

So this strikes a nerve.

If you have a few bucks, or time to spare. BC Heart and Stroke Foundation for a good cause.

Or even education for the signs of a stroke. (Which I didn't have, just dizziness).

Image result for fast for stroke

Aspirin right away. May not help with the current stroke but reduces the likelihood of another more severe stroke in the next few days.

https://www.webmd.com/stroke/news/20000601/aspirin-after-stroke-helps-prevent-another#1

"

Chalk another one up for aspirin: Researchers have concluded that giving aspirin to stroke victims as soon as they arrive at the hospital reduces their risk of having a second stroke.

In the first few days after having a stroke, patients are at high risk of having another one, says Richard Peto, a professor at Oxford University and co-author of an analysis published in the journal Stroke. "We found that aspirin didn't do very much for repairing the damage done already by the initial stroke, but ... it reduced the likelihood of having another stroke in the hospital," he tells WebMD.

What's more, he says, it appears to be beneficial to give aspirin to stroke victims right away even if doctors aren't 100% sure which type of stroke the patient has had."

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Aspirin right away. May not help with the current stroke but reduces the likelihood of another more severe stroke in the next few days.

https://www.webmd.com/stroke/news/20000601/aspirin-after-stroke-helps-prevent-another#1

"

Chalk another one up for aspirin: Researchers have concluded that giving aspirin to stroke victims as soon as they arrive at the hospital reduces their risk of having a second stroke.

In the first few days after having a stroke, patients are at high risk of having another one, says Richard Peto, a professor at Oxford University and co-author of an analysis published in the journal Stroke. "We found that aspirin didn't do very much for repairing the damage done already by the initial stroke, but ... it reduced the likelihood of having another stroke in the hospital," he tells WebMD.

What's more, he says, it appears to be beneficial to give aspirin to stroke victims right away even if doctors aren't 100% sure which type of stroke the patient has had."

I'm on daily low dosage aspirin. 

Archived