The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing)Mark Stone ext. 8 years AVV 9.5 mil

4 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Full NMC for the entirety of the 8 years too.

Wow.  That’s crazy.   

Las Vegas is taking a real gamble with this one............

They went All In with Stone.....

Lets hope the cards fall in their favour.  

They better hope he doesn’t bust....

okay.  I’m done 

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Wow.  That’s crazy.   

okay.  I’m done 

Personally I hope Vegas falls flat on their face, why would I hope for cards to fall in their favour?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

This is a kick in the shin for the Sabres.  Now they know what Skinner's new price tag is.

I couldn't resist.....  nelsonmu.jpg.b6ed57f3ea7bb0b7e86a878f09df83f3.jpg   ( thanks for the tip )

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

This is a kick in the shin for the Sabres.  Now they know what Skinner's new price tag is.

I don't think so - there's more to Mark Stone than Skinner's relatively one-way game.

Skinner's production is where the comparable ends imo.

Skinner: 68.5% ozone starts,  51.6% corsi

Stone: 50.4%, 53% mostly on a NHL worst Sens team.

A fraction of Stone's grit.

Stone's 99 takeaways, and the fact he's actually a guy Ottawa calls on to kill penalties (more than 1m/g on pk and 6th among Sen forwards) - a far more complete two way player than Skinner imo.

I think those things certainly factor when it comes to a contract like this.  Skinner getting anywhere near this deal would be a really bad deal for whatever team makes it....he was a borderline cap dump a year ago - and now he's riding fairly opportune/role player minutes.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I don't think so - there's more to Mark Stone than Skinner's relatively one-way game.

Skinner's production is where the comparable ends imo.

Skinner: 68.5% ozone starts,  51.6% corsi

Stone: 50.4%, 53% mostly on a NHL worst Sens team.

A fraction of Stone's grit.

Stone's 99 takeaways, and the fact he's actually a guy Ottawa calls on to kill penalties (more than 1m/g on pk and 6th among Sen forwards) - a far more complete two way player than Skinner imo.

I think those things certainly factor when it comes to a contract like this.  Skinner getting anywhere near this deal would be a really bad deal for whatever team makes it....he was a borderline cap dump a year ago - and now he's riding fairly opportune/role player minutes.

I don't think Skinner is worth quite 9.5 Million either, but because of their similar offensive output stats, I guarantee that Skinner and his agent are asking for 9-9.5 million now.  I have him pegged at worth 8 million tops.

If the Sabres don't pay him, someone else will.  I wouldn't be shocked to see the Canucks be that team if the Sabres decide to balk at that price tag.

I think when it comes down to it though the Sabres will pony up since Moulson (4 mill) and Pominville (5.6 mill) is coming off of the books.  That's the money for Skinner right there.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I don't think Skinner is worth quite 9.5 Million either, but because of their similar offensive output stats, I guarantee that Skinner and his agent are asking for 9-9.5 million now.  I have him pegged at worth 8 million tops.

If the Sabres don't pay him, someone else will.  I wouldn't be shocked to see the Canucks be that team if the Sabres decide to balk at that price tag.

I think when it comes down to it though the Sabres will pony up since Moulson (4 mill) and Pominville (5.6 mill) is coming off of the books.  That's the money for Skinner right there.

You think the Canucks might pay Skinner in the 9-9.5 range?  I don't think so SF -and I don't think anyone else will either.  8 million is also above the tap out mark imo.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You think the Canucks might pay Skinner in the 9-9.5 range?  I don't think so SF -and I don't think anyone else will either.  8 million is also above the tap out mark imo.

We'll see.  Needless to say, I don't want either of my favourite teams to pay higher than 8 million.

If I were either GM, my ideal signing would be, 8 Million x 6 years.

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Gets same contract as Kucherov... Lockout incoming... 

But why is this news, I read about this contract on TDL right after he was traded. 

They couldn't make it official earlier mostly due to tagging issues.

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Wow.  That’s crazy.   

okay.  I’m done 

if the signing does turn out to be craps who will they roll the dice with and double down on?

Edited by Nucksfollower1983
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Oh man, that makes me worried for how much Boeser and Pettersson will command

Boeser would seriously have to up his defensive game for Stone to be considered a comparable.. would be nice if he didn't shy away from contact too. 

• Cheers 1