The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Positive Look at The Season

Off_The_Schneid!

On 3/15/2019 at 10:57 AM, IBatch said:

You bet.  Dahlens progression in the AHL isnt that dissimilar to OJs...and we need skilled wingers (LW too)  almost as bad as defenseman.  So why not keep him for another year and see how it goes, he’s also very good friends with our budding star, with lots said by Benning about how they could end up together in the NHL...google it, it’s not hard to find the quotes.  Instead knee jerk a trade for a guy that had says he was happy with things in Utica and said nothing about getting a call up yet (and who knows he might have actually stuck with this roster)...for a guy without the same pedigree and two or three years behind him development wise.  Weird ...

That was the main issue for me is that we need wingers. We’re already getting pretty deep at C. Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette, Sutter, Beagle, Madden. I’m sure I’ve missed a few more names in the pipeline but something has to give. Maybe JB just sees more in Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, or Jasek? From what I’ve read it doesn’t sound like they’re exactly lighting it up in the A or they see Karlsson as a winger because I don’t see where he fits as a C. 

Archived