The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bell Media fires David Pratt/Dave Tomlinson from 1040 morning show

EP Phone Home

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Memories fade, but I heard him say Something to the effects of..   “ And have you seen his wife?..  I wouldn’t mind, if you know what I’m saying”.

The comment came out of the blue when Pratt was berating Bert for offering difficult interviews after the games.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

That's what they used to do with lots of women.  Celebs etc......"would ya?  Ha ha ha".....totally off side.....that stopped after Pratt wasn't renewed in 2011

The birthday list used to include what he referred to as "Classically trained actress" e.g.  Traci Lords etc.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

The birthday list used to include what he referred to as "Classically trained actress" e.g.  Traci Lords etc.

Gurn,.  I don’t think Pratt could have hosted “The Gong Show” without being a liability..

... even years later, public announcers and personalities are being taken back into the “Shop of Horrors” they create.

Brother Jake is another one slithering away,.  Never did like his C grade version of “Stern Radio”.

Maybe some one is listening to the fan base of sorts in this town,.  The Journalism in this town is mediocre at best ..

Give me the first guy announcing on radio that has a subscription to watch the Utica Hockey games, and a phone number to their media relations..  and I’m tuned in.

its time these guys get serious about their work in a positive way..  and get rid of the kindergarten, adolescents.

we deserve better here.

... 3 trips to the Stanley Cup Finals in the last 50 years?

The Leafs can’t say that.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Such a sigh of relief. Dave Pratt had no business having his own show. He was arrogant, egocentric, and plain dumb. He had little value or validity when it came to discussion or debates with co hosts and always tried to make a point of arguing a topic when there was to argument to be had. I can’t believe I listened to this clown nearly daily for a decade and change. 

I get that, but you're wrong and I'm right.

//Pratted out.

DT should find a gig somewhere pretty quick. Pratt is awful.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, brownky said:

I get that, but you're wrong and I'm right.

//Pratted out.

DT should find a gig somewhere pretty quick. Pratt is awful.

Let me throw this by you, Tomlinson will probably get a gig somewhere else. What I’m trying to say is, I really hope Pratt hangs em up for good. Get a load of this, he got worse and dumber with age. How cool is this, we never have to hear him on 1040 again. I guarantee it! To the bank, Baby!

Edited by Pickly
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do you remember the short lived Sports Station on 730 am?  I liked the morning show with a funny host (I forget his name) and would listen every day.  Then one morning, it was all of a sudden "All Traffic".  I think that's where 1040 is headed.  One day it will be "All Weather" or something like that. 

I do remember that station.  I believe it was called moj radio... The host being Marjohnovich (sp?).  I was happy about the new station because I didn't like Dan at 980.  Then one day it was gone and team 1040 started up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rodishred said:

I do remember that station.  I believe it was called moj radio... The host being Marjohnovich (sp?).  I was happy about the new station because I didn't like Dan at 980.  Then one day it was gone and team 1040 started up.

lol the moj having his own radio show

That's the station!  I remember "The Moj" worked the drive home show.  The guy I really thought was funny was in the morning.  He's a weather man now on one of the local TV stations.  

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

lol the moj having his own radio show

"The Moj" was actually pretty good on the afternoon drive, when on that 730 station.  One thing I respect about "The Moj" is he was an athlete, and a top coach.  He can talk sports from that viewpoint, where other hosts just can't.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

"The Moj" was actually pretty good on the afternoon drive, when on that 730 station.  One thing I respect about "The Moj" is he was an athlete, and a top coach.  He can talk sports from that viewpoint, where other hosts just can't.  

He does some great charity work too.  I respect the guy... Even though sometimes he can be a bit of a 'Pratt'. Lol

40 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's Day One without Pratt, let's go check in...

Oh look, Botchford.  In 20 seconds, nothing but giggling, snickering, and mocking the Canucks and players, from the avowed Leafs fan.  Well done, Toronto Sports Network.

*click*

what? they hired Bothturd? 

I didnt mind Pratt...when I tuned in during my morning commute i didnt expect any in depth analysis or unforeseen insights...for me it was more for the entertainment value.  I suspect im in the older demographic around here and maybe thats why I dont get the hate.   I dont find him to be as malicious towards the players or the team as some of the other guys on both stations.  Sure he was critical but some of these other guys who have reduced players to cold hard stats and have no feel for the human side of the game are worse (The arrogant JD Burke heads of the world)

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what? they hired Bothturd? 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's Day One without Pratt, let's go check in...

Oh look, Botchford.  In 20 seconds, nothing but giggling, snickering, and mocking the Canucks and players, from the avowed Leafs fan.  Well done, Toronto Sports Network.

*click*

Unpopular opinion but I like Botchford now, same with Jeff Patterson.  They used annoy me but you know they're right when they question management on some of their stupid decisions.  I liked it when Patterson asked JB to give the fans assurance that they won't expose Hughes in the expansion draft - with managements track record that had to be asked.  Same with Halford and Brough, before that hiatus I hated that show but I regularly listen to it when I can at work and I like the power hour when Botch joins in.  I bet Travis Green hates Jeff Patterson but it's his job to get information out to us, and a lot of what Pattersson reports get's repeated on here so a lot of people obviously follow him(I don't, not on social media).

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Unpopular opinion but I like Botchford now, same with Jeff Patterson.  They used annoy me but you know they're right when they question management on some of their stupid decisions.  I liked it when Patterson asked JB to give the fans assurance that they won't expose Hughes in the expansion draft - with managements track record that had to be asked.  Same with Halford and Brough, before that hiatus I hated that show but I regularly listen to it when I can at work and I like the power hour when Botch joins in.  I bet Travis Green hates Jeff Patterson but it's his job to get information out to us, and a lot of what Pattersson reports get's repeated on here so a lot of people obviously follow him(I don't, not on social media).

what track record? when did Benning expose a prospect unnecessarily?

I dunno, you can do what you want, to me 1040 is a cesspool of negativity. Botchturd simply floats at the top of it imo. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do you remember the short lived Sports Station on 730 am?  I liked the morning show with a funny host (I forget his name) and would listen every day.  Then one morning, it was all of a sudden "All Traffic".  I think that's where 1040 is headed.  One day it will be "All Weather" or something like that. 

Yes!  I remember.  And how much I was thrilled that there was another sports station other than "Dan the man" who like to crow about being "the longest running sports show in Canada" every time he could. Dan may have been okay at first, but he increasingly got arrogant, and defensive and rude to callers who dared to disagree. He hired the most pathetic yes-men producers who dared not disagree either. I'll never forget his Pratt like predictions of the CFL folding, and a one man crusade to make it happen. But I digress.

Perhaps my memory is clouded, but I seem to remember that that station began with a Pratt and the Moj show.  They argued constantly.  I didn't like the Moj back then but he has smoothed out over the years and doesn't take things as seriously.  But I think their show dissolved over the tension between them, before the station itself dissolved. They never worked together again, even on 1040.

Just edited to add:  dont get me wrong, I found their arguments together highly entertaining.  Also, it was an odd coincidence (or was it?) that the station was named the Moj, and one of the original hosts had the same nickname.

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what track record? when did Benning expose a prospect unnecessarily?

I dunno, you can do what you want, to me 1040 is a cesspool of negativity. Botchturd simply floats at the top of it imo. 

Never said he did.  Track record means body of work, aka his overall performance after being at the helm for 5 years.   "Cesspool of Negativity"  Is a little bit harsh lol.  Also funny considering when they had the broadcast rights everyone complained they never asked any tough questions.  

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yes!  I remember.  And how much I was thrilled that there was another sports station other than "Dan the man" who like to crow about being "the longest running sports show in Canada" every time he could. Dan may have been okay at first, but he increasingly got arrogant, and defensive and rude to callers who dared to disagree. He hired the most pathetic yes-men producers who dared not disagree either. I'll never forget his Pratt like predictions of the CFL folding, and a one man crusade to make it happen. But I digress.

Perhaps my memory is clouded, but I seem to remember that that station began with a Pratt and the Moj show.  They argued constantly.  I didn't like the Moj back then but he has smoothed out over the years and doesn't take things as seriously.  But I think their show dissolved over the tension between them, before the station itself dissolved. They never worked together again, even on 1040.

Just edited to add:  dont get me wrong, I found their arguments together highly entertaining.  Also, it was an odd coincidence (or was it?) that the station was named the Moj, and one of the original hosts had the same nickname.

Shane Foxman!  That was the funny guy on in the mornings.  He was on with John McKeachie.  

• Cheers 1