The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evander Kane latest NHL to have a still born

Squamfan

My best wishes to Evander during this difficult time.

Last July 1st, a good friend of mine informed me that he had stage 4 cancer and wanted to thank me for all of the good times (he messaged me on Skype.....I have been living overseas since 2015).   He had one month to live.

Four days later, my (ex) girlfriend of two years unexpectedly decided to leave me.  Apparently, she had only been with me the entire time due to my Canadian nationality, and once she realized that I didn’t intend to go back to Canada, she made plans a few months earlier to leave me when her business course (near my apartment) was complete.

Im mentioning this to not take away attention from Kane’s tragedy, but rather, show humility and perspective that some people go through far worse things than I do.......and that I am humbled by this fact.  I wish Kane and his family nothing but the best during this terrible time.   Recovery will take some time (as it did for me), but having a strong support system is the key.  My only hope for Kane is that he doesn’t engage in any binge drinking or eating.  I’m proud to say that I don’t drink or so drugs, but I ended up binge eating like crazy last year when I was feeling low and ended up putting on 20 lbs.   I hope Kane stays strong and stays disciplined during this tough time.

Archived