The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Jett Woo

buddyguy

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Don't be surprised when he makes the team this fall. We have the openings.  He has the body, style, skill, and now, opportunity to make it sooner than later.  And I hope he does too.

I wonder if he gets a couple games to end this year? Edit. That Dahliwal tweet combined with righty Tanev out for the year you never know. 

obvious move to sign him, we should be signing another RHD in Brassard too.....

Woo is too young for the A next year, I assume it will be Moose Jaw and hopefully a prominant role with team Canada WJ next winter. 

No offense to Woo but almost 0 chance he makes the NHL next fall. We will go sign a placeholder RHD. Rushing him at 19 would be a mistake, something I believe we made with Virtanen and ex Canuck McCann

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

I don't understand this "Looking to Sign" it's not like he's a frss agent. Just sign him

Looking to sign him incase Moose Jaw is eliminated in the first round. Obviously he won’t get any pro games if the Warriors go on a run. 

He might be my favorite pick in Benning's tenure.

And don't take that the wrong way - it's impossible not to love the Pettersson pick - but relatively, that was a 5th overall.

And of course, Boeser was a steal at 23, Demko, Gaudette, Hughes, (and my guess, Madden), etc.

But when it comes to at the time - when the player is selected - straight perceived value at their draft position at the time they were picked - Woo might be my favorite, particularly with how it lined/lines up with organz need.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

No.  Its WHL or NHL for him next season (D+2).

they really need to change this, or at least allow more kids like Woo who are clearly physically ready to make the jump to the AHL. I get that they are trying to protect the minor league clubs revenue but there needs to be a few let in each year imo. 

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He might be my favorite pick in Benning's tenure.

And don't take that the wrong way - it's impossible not to love the Pettersson pick - but relatively, that was a 5th overall.

And of course, Boeser was a steal at 23, Demko, Gaudette, Hughes, (and my guess, Madden), etc.

But when it comes to at the time - when the player is selected - straight perceived value at their draft position at the time they were picked - Woo might be my favorite, particularly with how it lined/lines up with organz need.

I’m no scout but one would think that he could replace guddys spot in the line-up next year. Doesn’t have to put up offensive numbers right away. Kid brings some edge that we are going to need on the back end.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Don't be surprised when he makes the team this fall. We have the openings.  He has the body, style, skill, and now, opportunity to make it sooner than later.  And I hope he does too.

Relax. 19 year old D coming out of junior making an NHL roster out of camp is much harder than a forward and reserved for the most elite. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m no scout but one would think that he could replace guddys spot in the line-up next year. Doesn’t have to put up offensive numbers right away. Kid brings some edge that we are going to need on the back end.

I would be surprised. He's good but big jump to pro hockey, AHL will be good for him too 

Archived