The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Jason Kenney lost the moral authority to lead Alberta?

JM_

On 3/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Shift-4 said:

I think the same.

NDP was a temporary protest vote. The protest was for the PCs to get there $&!# together.

Instead the PCs disappeared and were replaced with something stinkier. But the voting majority are done protesting......or their votes will be a protest against NDP.  

Really?  I don’t think people of Alberta want a lying POS premier any more than the lying POS Prime Minister they are about to bid farewell to.   

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think investment will increase with a 8% corporate tax and a scrapping of the carbon tax. But no doubt we need to see higher oil prices.

but that can't really happen, it can be imposed or AB can come up with something similar but the idea that AB won't be paying for carbon in some fashion is wrong. But voters might not care, it gives good feels to vote against things even if you're being played. 

maybe a minor increase with the corp tax but AB already is the best jurisdiction for that, in all likelihood companies will just retain the profits and not hire anyone 

10 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Really?  I don’t think people of Alberta want a lying POS premier any more than the lying POS Prime Minister they are about to bid farewell to.   

but thats what Kenney is. He's been caught in that for the leadership, he's lying about the effects of his platform (such as it is) and he'll probably win. What does that say about AB voters? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but thats what Kenney is. He's been caught in that for the leadership, he's lying about the effects of his platform (such as it is) and he'll probably win. What does that say about AB voters? 

Like I said, I doubt they want him.   What are their choices again?    

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/grenier-alberta-polltracker-1.5064584

(not sure why that isn't copying as a link)

Kenney is less popular than his party. Notley is more popular than her party. People will vote for party. Traditionally that means Conservative here. Even though the NDP has operated quite conservatively.

but that can't really happen, it can be imposed or AB can come up with something similar but the idea that AB won't be paying for carbon in some fashion is wrong. But voters might not care, it gives good feels to vote against things even if you're being played. 

maybe a minor increase with the corp tax but AB already is the best jurisdiction for that, in all likelihood companies will just retain the profits and not hire anyone 

With the mess JT is in do you also think he wants to be in court with Ontario, Alberta and others during this election?

2 hours ago, gurn said:

So still no example only some broad brushing by yourself.

Uh, no.   Take it you don't read cbc.ca or watch the news?   Followed even the SNC issue for example?   The budget?   Easy to follow across the pond so thought it would be really easy in Canada.   It is sad to watch how much of what is peddled on Canadians is utter crap these days.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, no.   Take it you don't read cbc.ca or watch the news?   Followed even the SNC issue for example?   The budget?   Easy to follow across the pond so thought it would be really easy in Canada.   It is sad to watch how much of what is peddled on Canadians is utter crap these days.

I'm waiting for you to back up your claim of "fabrication". So far all I get from you is diversion and delay.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

With the mess JT is in do you also think he wants to be in court with Ontario, Alberta and others during this election?

I actually do. It gives him credibility in "the fight" for the environment that he needs to balance against the pipeline purchase. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I actually do. It gives him credibility in "the fight" for the environment that he needs to balance against the pipeline purchase. 

That's a gamble but I guess when you have 2 prominent female cabinet ministers leaving cabinet and 1 female mp quitting the party and getting yelled at by the PM for not seeking re-election then what hell gamble away.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's a gamble but I guess when you have 2 prominent female cabinet ministers leaving cabinet and 1 female mp quitting the party and getting yelled at by the PM for not seeking re-election then what hell gamble away.

it does JT a favour for getting votes on the left. The more Ford and Kenney freak out and make it an issue, the more people on the left will want to push back. So more people might stick with JT since Jagmeet won't be in power over anything, or May for that matter. Ford losing his $&!# over it helps Trudeau a lot imo. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it does JT a favour for getting votes on the left. The more Ford and Kenney freak out and make it an issue, the more people on the left will want to push back. So more people might stick with JT since Jagmeet won't be in power over anything, or May for that matter. Ford losing his $&!# over it helps Trudeau a lot imo. 

Geez Jimmy the fish aren't biting tonight.

21 hours ago, gurn said:

I'm waiting for you to back up your claim of "fabrication". So far all I get from you is diversion and delay.

How far to the water bowl do you need to be led?   Soooo many examples.  Trudeau has clearly fabricated "nothing to see here" for one example.   He also fabricated "this was to save jobs" as SNC themselves say that was never the issue and never discussed with PMO.    How many examples do you need?   Is two sufficient or do you need more?

Archived