The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 03/20/2019 Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks - Diary of a Sens Fan

Twilight Sparkle

"You never know what can happen, we're just trying to win every night. Nothing has changed since the first couple games of the seasons. I'm adapting to it from where I was at the beginning of the season -- feel more comfortable with my strength and try to play a hard game. The confidence helps a lot in the corners and learning how to play in the dirty areas compared to college. Definitely put pride in my defensive game. I don't think my game is based just around points -- I think I'm more of a reliable 200ft guy and that's what I need to stay in this league. I work on the little things on being a two-way forward and the points will come. Faceoffs are definitely one of the tougher parts of the game right now and it's hard coming into the league -- these guys are so good so hard on faceoffs. You have to patient and be hard on the puck, bear down and do whatever it takes to snap the puck back and working on it. This is a great group of guys in this room top to bottom. It's great to be around the team at this time and for the years to come it will be exciting and we're all having fun right now and just enjoying it." - Gaudette

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Losing sucks. It’s a good feeling in here right now. We’re coming off back-to-back good games, both big wins, and we’re ready for another tough game tonight.” - Pettersson

THAT'S the reason I don't care about tanking right there.  So important to keep this kid happy, motivated and wanting to be here.  

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"You never know what can happen, we're just trying to win every night. Nothing has changed since the first couple games of the seasons. I'm adapting to it from where I was at the beginning of the season - feel more comfortable with my strength and try to play a hard game. The confidence helps a lot in the corners and learning how to play in the dirty areas compared to college. Definitely put pride in my defensive game. I don't think my game is based just around points - I think I'm more of a reliable 200ft guy and that's what I need to stay in this league. I work on the little things on being a 2-way forward and the points will come. Faceoffs are definitely 1 of the tougher parts of the game right now and it's hard coming into the league - these guys are so good so hard on faceoffs. You have to patient and be hard on the puck, bear down and do whatever it takes to snap the puck back and working on it. This is a great group of guys in this room top to bottom. It's great to be around the team at this time and for the years to come it will be exciting and we're all having fun right now and just enjoying it." - Gaudette

Future 'A' right here

You know, there's been a lot of in fighting and strong differences of opinions on here lately but that's why we have a .... discussion board.

One thing I know for sure...my life is SO much better on these beautiful days when I know I'm heading home to watch a hockey game.  No matter what the back story is, where we're situated in the race, etc.....it's this team that has me so excited about watching.  That counts for something.  

Petey's leading the charge but also all the other guys, too, who are giving us close games (even if we win/lose when we shouldn't) and something to be excited about.  Sure, Marky's been huge in that...but that's what being part of a team means.  That everyone steps up, even if at different times.

Just really was mourning "my" team of 2011 as they departed over time.  Now I just am stoked about the future.

And great GDT.

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You know, there's been a lot of in fighting and strong differences of opinions on here lately but that's why we have a .... discussion board.

One thing I know for sure...my life is SO much better on these beautiful days when I know I'm heading home to watch a hockey game.  No matter what the back story is, where we're situated in the race, etc.....it's this team that has me so excited about watching.  That counts for something.  

Petey's leading the charge but also all the other guys, too, who are giving us close games (even if we win/lose when we shouldn't) and something to be excited about.  Sure, Marky's been huge in that...but that's what being part of a team means.  That everyone steps up, even if at different times.

Just really was mourning "my" team of 2011 as they departed over time.  Now I just am stoked about the future.

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey's leading the charge but also all the other guys too who are giving us close games (even if we win/lose when we shouldn't) and something to be excited about.  Sure, Marky's been huge in that....so what?  He's part of the deal too.

yes -  we have been slowly letting go of the past. And now we get to watch the  future  coming together before our eyes- I watch every game  and this year there has been a whole new feel to it. There is reason for optimism - we are "getting nice things"  - we are getting the new shiney toys this time around.

16 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Haha TSN even when TO loses they make it seem like they won. Check this out on the TSN highlight board...says 3-0 for TO after they got whooped by Nashville tonight :rolleyes: gotta love that cool aid they drink over there...

BE5173F7-9514-417F-89BE-ED149A763622.jpeg

Heating up at the right time. Golf habits are hard to break. That's why teams should never tank!

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey's leading the charge but also all the other guys too who are giving us close games (even if we win/lose when we shouldn't) and something to be excited about.  Sure, Marky's been huge in that....so what?  He's part of the deal too.

Well said!

I was born and raised in Van...came into the world in 1970, so in the late 70s I was sneaking the radio into bed to listen to the games (home games started at 8pm!!)

There have been many lows and a few highs over the years. In terms of optimism about the future - this team is near the top of my list. The talent of the players who are likely going to be here for the long term goes without saying...EP, BB6, Bo. We have players with potential to improve....JV, Gaudette, Leivo, etc. We have players who are just beginning the NHL part of their career - Sautner, Brisebois, etc - even if one of them can turn into a legit top 6 dman that bodes well for the team, and is much better than the "potential" we have had in many years

We have players coming in the pipeline that have potential to be NHL'ers - Quinn Hughes, DiPietro etc

Our goaltending appears to be stable - I know some people want to see Marky continue this play into next season before they "believe" in him, but there is no reason to think he can't do it - his body of work this year indicates his game is now at a starting goalie level. 

Does the team have warts - of course. We need two more (at least) top 9 forwards. Our D needs revamping. Our PP, well, it has "projectile dysfunction"

All the talent aside, the one thing that excites me a lot about this team is that they appear to be a team. While I am sure there are some who get along a bit better with others (that happens in any group of ~24 people), they all seem to be on the same page - happy for one another's success (example - the reaction of the team when Schaller scored). This group has "it" - an intangible that this organization hasn't always (often?) had. It is one that helps them overcome the tough times a little easier, and gives them the resolve to come back in games when things look bleak. 

Enjoy the games - this team is definitely on a positive trajectory...

39 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Haven't been watching WWE since I cancelled cable in June... But now officially a fan of this guy. Didn't really like him at first lol. 

Walk with Elias! 

Pretty funny how he actually posted about it 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

It was best for business to fix the game and let Chicago win to help their playoff hopes... It was also best for business to fix the Dallas game and let Dallas win... 

Yet somehow our injury riddled squad managed to pull out 2 W's when clearly the refs and old boys club had different ideas. 

Really proud of this team. 

And yet they gave a goal to Radulov the other night on a breakaway with the goalie pulled because a stick was thrown at him (go figure)

Archived