The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 03/20/2019 Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks - Diary of a Sens Fan

Twilight Sparkle

20 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

As bad as this looked...

This was (imho) worse....

If we’re part of the team shouldn’t we have a contract and they owe us a arena full of money we should be getting paid retroactive back to 2006 when the announcement was made 

2 hours ago, wildwood12 said:

Seriously, I did not want to start an argument. We. Are all Orcas. Rename the hockey team, the Vancouver Orcas. Less confusion that way.

I don't see anyone being confused by this.

Ever.

Besides, if they are, we like it that way (when no one knows who we are).

Game day, 2 teams tanking like theres no tomorrow! i really cant say how this bout will end. Neither of the teams have motivation to win so it could easily go either way. Advantage nucks, due to the EP40 line and if they continue to create chances. Hoping for EP to get both some goals and some assists in this one. 

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh God, they're reading our forums again.

In my view Benning isn't fit to be the GM in a big organisation like this. 

The way he treated Dahlen isn't worthy of a GM. So he lost it... 

A GM for the Canucks must treat every player in the roster, past roster and future roster (wich means every possible player) with respect in public.

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

A GM for the Canucks must treat every player in the roster, past roster and future roster (wich means every possible player) with respect in public.

Respect has to be earned, just like ice time.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

And yet they gave a goal to Radulov the other night on a breakaway with the goalie pulled because a stick was thrown at him (go figure)

Just watched the highlights of that game... Wow. 

SMH... 

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

PER TMZ 1040

Says he has a no other source he trusts more then says he doesn't know if it's coming out from anyone trustworthy. What the actual &^@# is that post? And then follows it up with "it's a little sketchy" at this point.

Simply put: He made that $&!# up. What an idiot, not surprised it runs in the family (Nonis)

Benning is going to have to do something very positive this off season to save his job. Canucks are winning all of a sudden, and they could end up with a mid 1st if it continues. Hopefully he`s got some great players on his list in that range. The team still needs to address the D. Drafting a D with the 1st isn`t enough, they need help now. I think he signs a UFA Dman. 

Edler - UFA

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Stecher

Biega - Schenn

Brisebois

Sautner

Teves

Juolevi - Woo

Why isn`t Teves playing? Why did they bother to sign him? He's only here for the rest of this season. Is Woo going to play? If not, why did they sign him too?

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You don't badmouth players in public just to save face. That is lower management attitude, neanderthal...  Wich means Benning should go back to only scouting. 

It wasn't bad mouthing.  You have to understand, in this market people are going to scream for answers of "WHHHHYYY?".  To plead the fifth isn't an option when a highly touted prospect is suddenly gone.

27 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, at least we know you're not biased at all.

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You don't badmouth players in public just to save face. That is lower management attitude, neanderthal...  Wich means Benning should go back to only scouting. 

You have an odd understanding of what it means to badmouth someone.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

You know, there's been a lot of in fighting and strong differences of opinions on here lately but that's why we have a .... discussion board.

One thing I know for sure...my life is SO much better on these beautiful days when I know I'm heading home to watch a hockey game.  No matter what the back story is, where we're situated in the race, etc.....it's this team that has me so excited about watching.  That counts for something.  

Petey's leading the charge but also all the other guys, too, who are giving us close games (even if we win/lose when we shouldn't) and something to be excited about.  Sure, Marky's been huge in that...but that's what being part of a team means.  That everyone steps up, even if at different times.

Just really was mourning "my" team of 2011 as they departed over time.  Now I just am stoked about the future.

And great GDT.

The IDE's(infectious Deb-enthusiasm) of March? Agree Deb..so pleased we're mostly thru the 5 yrs of a stealth rejig.

Archived