The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are the partisan waste. You don't live here yet you need a chance to praise your tax and spend ndp. You keep spewing the same nonsense as if that makes you feel superior. Cutting the corporate tax rate will create growth. It's the ndp plan that has no growth projections. As far as answering things, you haven't answered anything. Maybe leave this up to us partisan hack.

I am moving there, I have a vested interest in this election.  There's nothing partisan about calling Kenney's plan out for the joke it is.  Some us actually hold degrees with backgrounds in basic Econn and numbers.  Kenney's numbers don't add up.  You don't get to say 2+ =4 without having the foundation or supporting numbers to back it up.  Unless you're saying 2+ = 4 to an audience of the ignorant.  We don't have to look further than Ontario or the US to see that

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You hate anything that isn't far left. An overwhelming majority in Alberta support ucp policies. The left is losing everywhere and people like you still don't get it. Look at Canada, you have the left in BC problem is they didn't even win an election. It's so funny constantly hearing the minority saying the majority is wrong, but I guess that's why you aren't a big fan of democracy.

I am far from a far lefty.  Conservatives are far from the majority.  National vote for Cons: 31.9 % in 2015, 39.6 % in 2011 (Majority government with less than 40%), 37.7% in 2008, 36.3 % in 2006, 29,6% in 2004, 25.5 % in 2000.  The MAJORITY of Canadians hare left leaning, split between 2-3 parties (Liberal, NDP, Green).  So the people pushing a minority ideology are the CONSERVATIVES.  Your move partisan cupcake.

http://www.thecanadaguide.com/data/federal-elections/

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I noticed you focused entirely on the non material and more social aspects of things.  That figures.

Get back to me when you can speak of the economic, and not just the spending but also the before and post Notley term as well.  Then explain how and why Kenney's plan is better when it cuts everything but spends the same amount

You want economics. In 2015 NDP promised a 500 million surplus during the 2019-20. Yet hear we are on pace for 7.9 billion debt.  Heck they are on target to reach 95 billion in debt for Alberta.  Yeah....great math skills. Their opinion on the budget has about as much validity as Dorions does when he says sens will be competing in two years. Haha but hey. Good on them accomplishing things that were already in place to do so 

• Upvote 1

Its pretty interesting that apparently most Albertans prefer to be in conflict with the prime minister vs. working together for more market access. 

Even if it makes no sense, won't help, people want a "fight".

Problem is its shadow boxing, no one else cares about having a fight. 

Albertans want a leader who sees Trudeau as an adversary, not an ally: pollster

"What Albertans feel like they want to do right now is they want to go back to what's familiar, and what's familiar is having a premier fighting with a prime minister."

A universal distrust for the federal government is characteristic of Alberta, she said, explaining that this will provide United Conservative Party candidate Jason Kenney an edge over the NDP's Rachel Notley.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-april-5-2019-1.5084920/albertans-want-a-leader-who-sees-trudeau-as-an-adversary-not-an-ally-pollster-1.5085000

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

lol no I don't.  I attack the ignorance in people who refuse to read a platform then claim they've read a platform yet then ask about basic information such as "what are they cutting"

I will always attack people for being ignorant and stupid.  Always have.  Because in a day and age of instant information there is no excuse for being stupid or ignorant about anything

So here his there platform again

https://www.albertastrongandfree.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Alberta-Strong-and-Free-Platform-1.pdf

So I'll ask.  

4% cut in corporate taxes estimated to cost $4.5 billion.  Where will the lost money come from?

Promises to scrap carbon tax and fight feds on it.  Who will pay for the court fight, what will he do when the feds win and $1.4 billion per year leaves the province?

Cutting education

Cutting healthcare

Cutting workers benefits and protected OT

Cutting infrastructure spending

Granting bursaries to energy companies

Like come on man, you can read their platform and if you have a basic understanding on how to search for things online you can find so many reports that prove their statements wrong with decades of data behind them.  They are promising a lot, but giving very VERY little information on how it will be achieved.  We saw that under Harper, what we saw was actual job losses and degradation of wages, benefits and job quality.  

https://www.stats.gov.nl.ca/Statistics/Labour/PDF/UnempRate.pdf

Don't pretend that you can't look these facts up man, just be honest and say you won't look these facts up because you know the numbers don't support Kenney in any way.  Will he win?  Ya, of course he will.  Will he screw the province harder than Notley?  Ha yup; without question.  You don't create 10 new holes and only promise to plug 2 without tanking your ship.

Do you know the difference between cuts and freezing? Alberta spends more on healthcare and education then any other province. Alberta spends in general more then any other province per capita. Freezing or even cuts aren't a bad thing.

Just did cupcake.  Read up.  If you'd read their platform you'd have a leg to stand on.  Instead you look like an oilers team without mcjesus out here

I have read the platforms, thanks. You assume far to much. Again you claim I haven't read the platform because I won't praise your pathetic tax and spend party.

• Haha 1

I am moving there, I have a vested interest in this election.  There's nothing partisan about calling Kenney's plan out for the joke it is.  Some us actually hold degrees with backgrounds in basic Econn and numbers.  Kenney's numbers don't add up.  You don't get to say 2+ =4 without having the foundation or supporting numbers to back it up.  Unless you're saying 2+ = 4 to an audience of the ignorant.  We don't have to look further than Ontario or the US to see that

In fact you can look at Alberta under the ndp for that however because you support them you won't say it. Lol

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I am far from a far lefty.  Conservatives are far from the majority.  National vote for Cons: 31.9 % in 2015, 39.6 % in 2011 (Majority government with less than 40%), 37.7% in 2008, 36.3 % in 2006, 29,6% in 2004, 25.5 % in 2000.  The MAJORITY of Canadians hare left leaning, split between 2-3 parties (Liberal, NDP, Green).  So the people pushing a minority ideology are the CONSERVATIVES.  Your move partisan cupcake.

I'm talking about now cupcake. Look at all the right wing governments in Canada and around the globe. And btw, yes cupcake you're a far lefty.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its pretty interesting that apparently most Albertans prefer to be in conflict with the prime minister vs. working together for more market access. 

Even if it makes no sense, won't help, people want a "fight".

Problem is its shadow boxing, no one else cares about having a fight. 

Albertans want a leader who sees Trudeau as an adversary, not an ally: pollster

"What Albertans feel like they want to do right now is they want to go back to what's familiar, and what's familiar is having a premier fighting with a prime minister."

A universal distrust for the federal government is characteristic of Alberta, she said, explaining that this will provide United Conservative Party candidate Jason Kenney an edge over the NDP's Rachel Notley.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-april-5-2019-1.5084920/albertans-want-a-leader-who-sees-trudeau-as-an-adversary-not-an-ally-pollster-1.5085000

There is no working with a liberal dictator. 

• Haha 1

This election is such a fascinating look at conservative AB. UCP supporters just don't care about racism, cheating to win the leadership, being lied to about Kenney's ability to "fight Ottawa".

What would it take for you guys to not vote UCP? Seriously, @Ryan Strome I'm curious where the line is? Kenney actually charged for election fraud? Caught with a head shot of Trdeau in is wallet? 

Support for UCP remains solid, unwavering despite controversies

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ucp-support-bozo-eruptions-leadership-controversy-1.5083745

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm talking about now cupcake. Look at all the right wing governments in Canada and around the globe. And btw, yes cupcake you're a far lefty.

If I'm far lefty then you are an alt-right, Proud boy fan boy.  We both know that not to be true.  I provide a source for my claim.  You provide nothing to support your claim that the conservatism is the majority except:  Believe me, look for the info yourself.  you will see.  Stromey did all sorts of research but Stromey doesn't have the sources.  LOL

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Ryan accuses anyone who isn't guzzling down copious amounts of CPC or UCP sauce as being a "far lefty", its lost all meaning now that everyone by now has been accused of being a "far lefty". He would have to get out of the oil patch to come up with higher IQ insults. 

In any case I just had to needle Ryan while he is hard at work defending Kenney. 5 posts in a row on this page whiteknighting for Jason, impressive work. Back to my self-imposed sabbatical.

Edited by Toews

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This election is such a fascinating look at conservative AB. UCP supporters just don't care about racism, cheating to win the leadership, being lied to about Kenney's ability to "fight Ottawa".

What would it take for you guys to not vote UCP? Seriously, @Ryan Strome I'm curious where the line is? Kenney actually charged for election fraud? Caught with a head shot of Trdeau in is wallet? 

Support for UCP remains solid, unwavering despite controversies

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ucp-support-bozo-eruptions-leadership-controversy-1.5083745

I would prefer the freedom conservative party but they're only running in about a 3rd of the ridings.

13 minutes ago, Toews said:

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Ryan accuses anyone who isn't guzzling down copious amounts of CPC or UCP sauce as being a "far lefty", its lost all meaning now that everyone by now has been accused of being a "far lefty". He would have to get out of the oil patch to come up with higher IQ insults

In any case I just had to needle Ryan while he is hard at work defending Kenney. 5 posts in a row on this page whiteknighting for Jason, impressive work. Back to my self-imposed sabbatical.

Leave the oil patch?? And make little money like you... No thanks.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If I'm far lefty then you are an alt-right, Proud boy fan boy.  We both know that not to be true.  I provide a source for my claim.  You provide nothing to support your claim that the conservatism is the majority except:  Believe me, look for the info yourself.  you will see.  Stromey did all sorts of research but Stromey doesn't have the sources.  LOL

The source would be BC, Alberta(soon), Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, etc.

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Leave the oil patch?? And make little money like you... No thanks.

But the oil patch is dead.  Notley and Trudeau teamed up to murder it and fired everyone.

How are you still employed?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Notice how he hasn't mentioned the economic issues all those right wing governments he speaks of have created

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Notice how he hasn't mentioned the economic issues all those right wing governments he speaks of have created

Notice how you never speak of the economic failures of the ndp? Ruined BC in the 90 ruined Alberta, ruined Ontario, left Manitoba with huge taxes and while in Saskatchewan the provine lost 20% if it's citizens.

• Upvote 1