Lucic (2 Million retained per year)

to

Vancouver 

for

Edmonton 2019 2nd

NYI 2019 3rd

Edmonton's 2020 2nd

How we deal with Lucic

A)….Let him earn a spot...………...Could he actually play with EP and Boeser?...…….he would be one Hell of a net presence....but I don't see that happening

B)….Trade him...……………………Maybe if we retained 2 million a year, some one might give us a 3rd or 4th...………(cost $2 M X 4  yrs = 8 Million)

C)….Buy Out...……………………...We owe $4 Million X 4 years = 16 M X 2/3's = $10,666,672 over 8 years = $ 1,333,334 per year for 8 years

Personally, I think the Canucks can handle the 1.3 per year

Is it worth it?

Lucic is worse than Eriksson, even with Eriksson's bad year this season. He's worse offensively and defensively, only has a physical side to his game, is signed for one year longer, and has a more trade/movement-restrictive contract. He's probably worth about $2M a year right now, which isn't even possible since you can only retain half of a cap hit. If we could land some picks for a 50% retention, I might be down, but it has to be quite a bit coming in return.

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Lucic is worse than Eriksson, even with Eriksson's bad year this season. He's worse offensively and defensively, only has a physical side to his game, is signed for one year longer, and has a more trade/movement-restrictive contract. He's probably worth about $2M a year right now, which isn't even possible since you can only retain half of a cap hit. If we could land some picks for a 50% retention, I might be down, but it has to be quite a bit coming in return.

I agree

But the reason I posted the trade proposal is to see if any of the 3 options would fly?

I would choose "C", but I wonder if it is enough back?

Man I don't want to explain to FA or the team that we now have Spooner Loui and Luccic and that yhey should accept it as the greater good of the team. youre bacically saying we plan to suck and you have no chance of ever winning anything here. but hey a couple second round pics totally worth throwing your career away. Come to Van where you will lose all hope. 

12 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I agree

But the reason I posted the trade proposal is to see if any of the 3 options would fly?

I would choose "C", but I wonder if it is enough back?

At still $4M a year, I don't think it's enough back. Throw in another 3rd and maybe we're talking.

Haven't we learned from Gudbranson? Speed will always beat size in today's NHL. But hockey IQ tops it all.

I remember Lucic having like 2 goals at the 41 game mark this season.

Only deal I'd make for Lucic is Eriksson for Lucic at 50% + Bouchard.

Hey Guys

Take him directly to buy out...………………..$1.333 Million a year x 8

Never enters the Canucks change room....never comes through the door

So we ask for a little more...…….another 3rd as AJ suggested......or a 4th?

So...………...is this worth it?

2019 2nd (Edmonton)

2019 3rd (NYI)

2020 2nd (Edmonton)

2020 3rd (Edmonton)

I think that stings for the Oilers, and gives us some really good assets for a 1.33 M per year Buy Out

13 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Only way I take on Lucic at this point is with salary retained and LE going back the other way (no salary retained). 

RR

I want the assets for Lucic

It is possible to rid Eriksson in a year, but I think it is more important to take the picks, and continue the rebuild

1.3 Million per, is not that much, especially after 8 years of cap increases

My idea is that we build an prospect pool that allows us the luxury that Tampa has, and that will take some time

But along with moving some of our excess LWers, we should be set up pretty good for picks for the next 3 years

That could really come in handy down the road

21 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

I for one wouldn't touch Lucic with the proverbial ten foot pole. He is done, way past his prime and speedy he is not.

I am going to yell~!

WE ARE NOT GOING TO USE HIM>>>>>WE ARE GOING TO BUY HIM OUT! AND TAKE THE ASSETS AND RUN!

PRETTY FRIGGIN SIMPLE!

Eriksson has to be in the deal

20 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Lucic 5-12-17 -8

Eriksson 10-12-22 -10

Lucic clearly lacks Eriksson's finish :lol:

I like "finishes" where someone catches up with an opponent who tries to hurt one of our young stars with a volley of punches to their unsuspecting faces.

It changes the ice presence of the game immediatley ^_^

30 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am going to yell~!

WE ARE NOT GOING TO USE HIM>>>>>WE ARE GOING TO BUY HIM OUT! AND TAKE THE ASSESTS AND RUN!

PRETTY FRIGGIN SIMPLE!

Well, if we’re being loud in here:

SPENDING CAP TO BUY OUT LUCIC WHEN THE KIDS NEED TO BE RE-SIGNED ISN’T WORTH THE PICKS!

Archived