The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could Leaves MISS the 2019 PO's? :^)

Oh man. The leaf fan meltdowns would be epic.

How would the media spin it?

How could Babcock not get fired?

Same with that irritating little dweeb in soccer mom glasses.

I'm sure they'll make it in, but am really looking forward to them getting pumped in the first round.

Don’t think it will happen but man oh man if it does... the meltdowns and ensuing media frenzy will be legendary. :lol:

Babcock to be fired?:huh:

Nylander the new Eriksson contract? :ph34r:

More Pajama pictures from Tavares? It be even sweeter if the Isles do well or eliminate them if the Laffs do make the postseason.:)

Contenders? Psh, definitely Pretenders. I cannot wait to watch them implode.

If Leafs lost all their games that would probably put them to 4th, which is an easier path for them. I'm not going to laugh until the losses are against Tampa Bay.

Idk about you all but I'll never cheer for Boston and I think it's crazy some people here are. You know it's ok to not have to pick a team in every single matchup.

It's interesting to me..yest's GDT vs Nashville, I glanced at what Leafer-backers were blathering: "How many of our last 10 do we need to guarantee PO's? 3 or 4?"

I'd imagine these apocalyptic nightmares are filtering thru to the overpaid stiffs. Pajama-boy has to justify the media slobbering over him.

They were SOOO arrogant a few wks/months back on HFBoards. Any trade props between our two teams, they assessed our assets as spam, theirs' as prime rib. Then the Leivo-heist was consummated! :^) They were higher-ground, magnanimous, claiming Dubas was merely fulfilling a promise to JL..as their roster was spilling over with riches!

Today's HFLeafer- glance reveals a little revisionist-delusion..."Yeah, we've got 40+ mill AAV wrapped up in 4 fwds. But those guys will be here for a long time. Dubas is playing the long-game, cos' everyone KNOWS this yr the East is an absolute beast, so we have to be patient."

Even if they choke on it, them diehards will repackage their overpriced Sh*t sandwich. Should they crash out, that HFLeafer pg will deserve NYT's bestseller-acclaim, & be required summer reading.

I could just imagine the reaction in TO if this happens. Toronto has done this every year. Starts off great and bottoms at the end of the year. 

Love how JT was signed and everyone was like they are the cup favs. They are not getting past Boston or TB.

On 3/21/2019 at 1:24 AM, canuck73_3 said:

I hope they take 2nd place lose to the Bruins in the 1st round in 4 and get a lousy bust with their crappy draft pick. 

I have to admit to being torn on this subject. Seeing the Leafs lose in the 1st round (likely to the Bruins) would be something to see for the Toronto fans/media reaction, but having them completely fall out of the playoffs also has a certain appeal.

regards,  G.

9 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Need the Leaves to blow 5 straight & Habs to win their last 4. They'd call it the Miracle of the Millenium!

Unfortunately more than that has to happen as they’re two other teams between the Habs and Laffs.  They also have to both play above 0.500 as well.  More likely than the Habs winning 4 straights but still leaves (heh) the Laffs more options.  They’re getting in.  Course we’ll likely get the pleasure of seeing this again in the postseason  (so all isn’t lost):

On 3/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, luckylager said:

Oh man. The leaf fan meltdowns would be epic.

How would the media spin it?

How could Babcock not get fired?

Same with that irritating little dweeb in soccer mom glasses.

I'm sure they'll make it in, but am really looking forward to them getting pumped in the first round.

Here they are once again, L2..struggling against the mighty SENS! It's 2-0 after 40 mins! GSG!!!

Archived