The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wear a Kesler Jersey on Mar 26th?

edler rocks

Hey guys. My finance and I have tickets to the Canucks - Ducks game next Tuesday. I want to wear my (Canucks) Kesler Jersey, but i know a lot of fans hate him now. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get beer dumped on me or food thrown at me or anything. 

It's not a playoff game so i don't think people would be that crazy, but i thought I'd ask you guys. 

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Do what you feel and don't care what others think.  I wouldn't wear one but I would have never bought a Kesler jersey to begin with ;) 

Oh i don't care what they THINK. I just care if they'll actually DO something. 

It's not like you're wearing a Ducks jersey.  Kesler played hard for us in the playoffs and I don't agree with the hate he gets now.  You could always turn it into a Leivo jersey.

Wear your jersey with pride.  Only Canucks jersey you'd get dirty looks for is Messier.

I think if you wore a Messier jersey people would have some reactions. I doubt Kesler jersey would cause any issues though, especially with the Canucks playing the Ducks. I haven't been to a ton of games though so I don't know that for sure, I'd wait to hear from more game-experienced fans.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's not like you're wearing a Ducks jersey.  Kesler played hard for us in the playoffs and I don't agree with the hate he gets now.  You could always turn it into a Leivo jersey.

Wear your jersey with pride.  Only Canucks jersey you'd get dirty looks for is Messier.

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

I think if you wore a Messier jersey people would have some reactions. I doubt Kesler jersey would cause any issues though, especially with the Canucks playing the Ducks. I haven't been to a ton of games though so I don't know that for sure, I'd wait to hear from more game-experienced fans.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

You should be alright. Would be a total POS move to do something like that. 

I'm going to the game too, I have a Kesler jersey but I'm not going to wear it. Going to wear my Horvat jersey. ::D

If I had the spare $$ i had in 2010 I'd probably have a Horvat Jersey to wear too haha.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah that's when I got my Kesler jersey, in 2010. Game 4 against Chicago.

I bought my Horvat one in his rookie year. But I'm gunna have to get a 'C' stitched on it next year haha

Almost better to not have the letter stitched on to differentiate from the new jersey purchasers.  My own preference though.  I also love seeing jerseys from guys who switched numbers when they made the team and the guy's rocking the OG.

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah that's when I got my Kesler jersey, in 2010. Game 4 against Chicago.

I bought my Horvat one in his rookie year. But I'm gunna have to get a 'C' stitched on it next year haha

I got mine right before the Olympics. Got a Luongo team Canada Jersey at the same time. 

Nah, go for it. 

Kesler has always been my favourite Canuck and will continue to be so. Wear that with pride, he was a beast for us. Dont like the way he left, but no denying he put his heart out for us every single game.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Almost better to not have the letter stitched on to differentiate from the new jersey purchasers.  My own preference though.  I also love seeing jerseys from guys who switched numbers when they made the team and the guy's rocking the OG.

That's a good point. Never thought about that. Having an OG Horvat jersey would be sick, maybe I won't get it.

Yeah its cool seeing some of those rare jerseys. I'm sure there are still some #39 Hodgson jerseys out there somewhere. Lol

6 minutes ago, edler rocks said:

I got mine right before the Olympics. Got a Luongo team Canada Jersey at the same time. 

Thats so cool. I have one of those 2010 Canada jerseys too somewhere but not Luongo. Wish it was Lu. 

Archived