The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wear a Kesler Jersey on Mar 26th?

edler rocks

1 hour ago, edler rocks said:

Hey guys. My finance and I have tickets to the Canucks - Ducks game next Tuesday. I want to wear my (Canucks) Kesler Jersey, but i know a lot of fans hate him now. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get beer dumped on me or food thrown at me or anything. 

It's not a playoff game so i don't think people would be that crazy, but i thought I'd ask you guys. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/angry-islanders-fans-welcomed-john-tavares-back-by-burning-his-old-gear-and-throwing-things-at-him/

You could always modify the jersey name.... 

31 minutes ago, edler rocks said:

So you had a Vrbata Jersey and now you have a Leivo Jersey?  Anybody else wear the 17? 

Nope, its still a blank #17. Leivo is looking like a good time to put a name to it.

Kesler was my favorite Canuck of that era as was Bure back in the 90's. I don't let the media crap and hater's hate interfere with my respect to their contribution.

Time heals and one day Kesler will receive a standing ovation at Rogers like Pavel did and a well deserved one too!

Just now, 6string said:

Kesler was my favorite Canuck of that era and like Bure back in the 90's. I don't let the media crap and hater's hate interfere with my respect to their contribution.

Time heals and one day Kesler will receive a standing ovation at Rogers like Pavel did and a well deserved one too!

he deserves no such ovation -- heartless traitor who embarrassed this organization before embarrassing himself with his diva antics and lack of play to back them up

13 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

he deserves no such ovation -- heartless traitor who embarrassed this organization before embarrassing himself with his diva antics and lack of play to back them up

A4AB9F53-75B1-4559-B6D6-4E4B2C74CC65.jpeg.1686e13c2d3c2b680d465c330650f29d.jpeg9AA162B1-B538-4C3E-A9A9-E14523ADF104.png.37e100910f8523b39bddc0b68d278c18.png

I don't know who makes these things or how or how they do it, but it’s kind of funny. 

My son and I were at the Ana game in Feb. When Kesler hit the ice there were lots of boo's, me included, but when I realized the couple sitting in front of us were wearing Kesler jerseys... I felt kinda bad and apologized for the fact I was going to boo him all night.

He was one hell of a Canuck for a few years though. Glad we're not stuck with him now

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

It's not like you're wearing a Ducks jersey.  Kesler played hard for us in the playoffs and I don't agree with the hate he gets now.  You could always turn it into a Leivo jersey.

Wear your jersey with pride.  Only Canucks jersey you'd get dirty looks for is Messier.

Yup. I'm with heffy. 

First game he came back, I got tickets and bood my lungs out. People were burning his jersey outside, we were all howling and loving it... I believe Bo even got his first career goal that night but we lost. 

But time heals most wounds... Kes put it all on the line for most of his Canucks career. Yea he handcuffed us with the trade but he had earned his NTC after everything he did for the franchise. In hindsight, we did really well in the trade. It's a shame JB didn't hang on to all 3 pieces from the trade but that's another story. 

This is how much Kes cared... Years after his departure, I'm at peace with it and finally respect him again. Probably won't ever put him in ring of honour though. 

3 hours ago, edler rocks said:

Hey guys. My finance and I have tickets to the Canucks - Ducks game next Tuesday. I want to wear my (Canucks) Kesler Jersey, but i know a lot of fans hate him now. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get beer dumped on me or food thrown at me or anything. 

It's not a playoff game so i don't think people would be that crazy, but i thought I'd ask you guys. 

Maybe in Anaheim?  :lol:

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

LOL no one is going to do that. Heck during the 2011 cup run people wore Bruins jerseys to the round 4 games and they made it out to tell the tale. Kesler did a lot for this team. No one hated him when he almost won us a cup in 2011...

Ughh I really dont want to get into the Kesler talk again but I just have to correct you on a couple things. Your right that Kesler did ALOT for this team but by no means did HE single handedly almost win us a cup. And your right no one hated him when he was on our team (no need to state the obvious) but its more of the way he treated our team by asking for a trade and would only accept to go to 2 teams... 

The way I see it is that I dont even blame him for leaving but if your going to request to go to 2 teams only, why not just leave during free agency. At least the fans would respect you more.

You’d have a higher chance of getting beer poured on you if you went to the enemies arena (any other team but ANA), and pranced around with it.   Maybe CHI they might actually do it but I doubt it.  Just own it, it if he’s still your guy and that’s what you want to do.  I was disappointed too,  but was also grateful for what he did when on our team.  Now as some mentioned, Messier is a different story.  Someone for kicks should get one and cover their hair with a bald cap, and walk around with a gigantic party size bag of lays.

You're not going to get a beer dumped on you, maybe a pepsi though::D.

Roger's Library is so tame I am sure half the VPD would swarm anyone who tried that and they would get a lifetime ban for generations of future family members.

14 hours ago, edler rocks said:

Wear for sure.

Now, if it was Messier sweater...:sadno:

Every time I went to a Canucks game the past couple of seasons, there are still lots of Kesler jerseys in the building. I was at the Canucks vs. Ducks game in February and I saw a few Kesler jersey as well. So wear what you want!

Archived