The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wear a Kesler Jersey on Mar 26th?

edler rocks

16 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

LOL no one is going to do that. Heck during the 2011 cup run people wore Bruins jerseys to the round 4 games and they made it out to tell the tale. Kesler did a lot for this team. No one hated him when he almost won us a cup in 2011...

I hated kesler fiercely throughout his entire canucks tenure. playing for the team I cheer for doesn't absolve someone for being just awful as a human. 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, edler rocks said:

Hey guys. My finance and I have tickets to the Canucks - Ducks game next Tuesday. I want to wear my (Canucks) Kesler Jersey, but i know a lot of fans hate him now. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get beer dumped on me or food thrown at me or anything. 

It's not a playoff game so i don't think people would be that crazy, but i thought I'd ask you guys. 

I would strongly advise against it.

I don’t think it’s worth risking getting heckled or harassed by someone.....especially if your fiancée is with you.

Wear another Canucks Jersey or some other Canucks garment to show your support.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I wear my Burrows (and Bieksa) jerseys.

Sure, why not?  No one should give you any grief...unless they're idiots and you just report them to staff.

Have fun!

Burrows and Bieksa never asked to be traded from Vancouver.

The Kesler situation is different.

Most Canucks fans won’t care about the OP wearing a Kesler jersey, but this city does have its fair share of idiots.

1 hour ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

.......why?

In what way was Kesler “an awful human being?”

he demonstrated his character from the very beginning, shooting his mouth off about rj umberger.

he was a whiny, entitled, petulant child.

everytime he got banged up he'd make a big show of it, making sure everybody could see how "tough" he was to play through it.

he was a prick with fans and media.

he's an alleged, notorious philanderer, including a california wildfire amount of smoke around him sleeping with a teammate's wife (fiancee?).

he was an arrogant ass. 

he was a diver.

he was a spot picker.

he has a tattoo of a superman-style crest with a "k" in it for kesler, which really tells you everything you need to know about the guy. 

other than a few years of being a strong contributor on the ice for my favourite team, I have nothing but disdain for the scumbag. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

he demonstrated his character from the very beginning, shooting his mouth off about rj umberger.

he was a whiny, entitled, petulant child.

everytime he got banged up he'd make a big show of it, making sure everybody could see how "tough" he was to play through it.

he was a prick with fans and media.

he's an alleged, notorious philanderer, including a california wildfire amount of smoke around him sleeping with a teammate's wife (fiancee?).

he was an arrogant ass. 

he was a diver.

he was a spot picker.

he has a tattoo of a superman-style crest with a "k" in it for kesler, which really tells you everything you need to know about the guy. 

other than a few years of being a strong contributor on the ice for my favourite team, I have nothing but disdain for the scumbag. 

I can't argue with a word of that - and would add him signing an offer-sheet to his me-first-ism.   And running his mouth at the Olympics.....providing a list of 2 to waive his NTC....tons of material he provided for anyone looking to dislike him (maybe 2nd only to Messier?).

But he was also a Canuck - at least played hard here....etc, blah blah.  

i personally wouldn't be caught dead in his jersey - but at the same time wouldn't give a person a second look (or the stink eye) if they wore theirs.  I can understand why some folks really liked him as a Canuck - he worked hard, he played a two-way game, hated losing, etc.   That he thought he was leadership material though, is laughable - and as you mention - he has world-class ego problems...  I don't hate the guy - but I have a hard time truly respecting him.

Lucky it's on a Tuesday and not the weekend where there would be more drunk fans, you'll probably be fine but you'll definitely get some evil eyes from people and possibly some loud mouths giving you a hard time here and there. As for food or beer being dumped on you no that shouldn't happen unless you engage in a situation and start rubbing it in people's faces to piss them off, then expect it.

15 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I would strongly advise against it.

I don’t think it’s worth risking getting heckled or harassed by someone.....especially if your fiancée is with you.

Wear another Canucks Jersey or some other Canucks garment to show your support.

There are rules and guidelines as to how people behave at these events...a quick text will have anyone harassing others likely thrown out.   Or, at the very least, moved.

To report inappropriate fan behaviour, ask a question or request assistance, using your mobile phone, text the number 69050, type the key word ROGERS (followed by a space), with your SECTION, ROW, and SEAT NUMBER, followed by your message. Arena staff will respond accordingly. Standard text message and data rates may apply.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:04 PM, edler rocks said:

Hey guys. My finance and I have tickets to the Canucks - Ducks game next Tuesday. I want to wear my (Canucks) Kesler Jersey, but i know a lot of fans hate him now. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get beer dumped on me or food thrown at me or anything. 

It's not a playoff game so i don't think people would be that crazy, but i thought I'd ask you guys. 

There was some people wearing a Kesler jersey and a Fire Benning jersey against the Sens...

Archived