The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Type of Team Do You Want

TheGuardian_

What Type Of Team Do You Want?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And Buffalo is the worst of the last 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 years. Nice of you to beat that cherry picked stat like a dead horse. :lol:

Thanks i had not looked as i didn't think they could be that bad after being well up in the standings, they just caught the Canucks last week, the Canucks still have the lead by one loss so far. And i went by wins and losses not standings because like this year there are many bad teams but the Canucks are much improved though by 9 points.

There ARE proven formulas to success, look at the successful teams, what did they do, who is on them, how high a skill level, where did those players come from and how, it is not rocket science or a physics test. 2 elite forwards, 2 star forwards, one STUD dman or three above average dmen, a star goalie and backup, a coach that uses his whole bench and can coach in game time, the winnest coaches are the same over and over, those coaches are hired and hired and hired, few AHL coaches come out of the box as winners that is why most winning teams don't hire them, they hire the one's that are winners before getting there and can instill that into the team. There are many winning formulas.

AND there are a huge number of losing formulas to watch out for.

This team is a VW not a Porche or the Love Bug,

Obviously, I'd want the type of team that eastern hockey media talks about. That is balanced with skill, size, speed and always hard to play against. hmmmm.....let's see......

- A Norris dman would be nice.

- A Vezina caliber goalie

- A second forward line that would be a first in most teams

- A fourth line that are pests and can score

Oh yeah....throw in a few former Selke, Hart, Conn Smythe winners and we might be set to get the big one.

19 hours ago, Stelar said:

I want speed, skill, team toughness.  I want to be a competitive challenging for a cup team in 3-4 years.  Once we have that I want young players to continue to break into the lineup each year.  

and as those young players are breaking in at that point, I would like to see the team trade some players while they still have marketability, not hold on to them all into their fading days....

On 3/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, goalie13 said:

I'm still on the 'stay the course' plan.  I don't expect the Canucks to really start competing for a playoff spot for a couple of years.  We have some great talent but it will take a few years for them to mature.  I'm still willing to wait.

Detroit won the Stanley Cup in Steve Yzerman's 14th season.  But then they won the Cup 4 times in a decade.

I think quick wins like we saw with Crosby in Pittsburgh and Toews / Kane in Chicago have made people impatient.  That and the EA NHL series.

Really confused by this post. Are you expecting fans to wait almost 15 years for us to become truly competitive?

What does Yzerman and what happened with his teams in the 80's and 90's have anything to do with today's climate? The salary cap, players making an impact at a much younger age, and the "prime" years of players skewing younger on average has changed things immensely.

15 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Really confused by this post. Are you expecting fans to wait almost 15 years for us to become truly competitive?

What does Yzerman and what happened with his teams in the 80's and 90's have anything to do with today's climate? The salary cap, players making an impact at a much younger age, and the "prime" years of players skewing younger on average has changed things immensely.

He's just an example that success doesn't come overnight.

Another example I like is Mark Scheifele.  It wasn't until his 7th year in the league that the team really started to become a contender.  I feel that too many people think that with a trade here and a free agent there we will suddenly be contenders.

It’s funny. Being a fan of a rebuilding team is kinda like going to the bank and discussing retirement planning. You know when you fill out the banks cheesy questionnaire to find out your risk tolerance, the same questions could be asked of a Canucks fan.

Bank: do you understand saving for retirement is a long process?

human: yes!

Canucks: do you understand rebuilding is a long process?

fan: yes!

Bank: do you understand there will be many peeks and valleys of your profile during your saving for retirement?

Canucks: do you understand there will be many peeks and valleys during the rebuild?

Bank: do you understand not all you mutual funds/stocks/ETFs will do well?

Canucks: do you understand not all your draft picks/FA signings will do do well?

you get my drift...

We answer yes to all the questions, yet when Jake does a fly by and the Flames score, it’s time to get the pitch forks and burn the joint to the ground!!!!! Trade the bum! He’s useless...yada yada...

I want a team that works hard every game, shows growth every year, is entertaining, won’t take crap. I’m willing to wait, I understand some players will make it, some won’t. Up until the second wave of injuries this year, all those boxes were checked.

Some teams have been very lucky, ie Penguins, Oilers. We’re not. We have to work damn hard for everything we get. And we should not gauge ourselves against those lucky teams, because we’re not going to get their luck.

Bit of a rant there, sorry. New puppy, lack of sleep...

Go Canucks Go!!

I believe!! 

Archived