The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lightning sign head coach Jon Cooper to contract extension

On 3/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, N7Nucks said:

The team was broken through and through. MayRay got bent in half, Hammer had a freak injury, Rome got tossed for pretty much the whole finals. That's not touching on the rest of the roster that was likely all playing hurt. Honorable mention to arguably the worst reffing I have ever seen in my life. It's easy to blame AV, but I don't think it was as much his fault as everyone claims. People make it seem like Lu was the problem and AV shoulda started Schneider, do you remember how many goals this team scored in the finals? They scored 8 goals in 7 games. Lets not pretend Lu let us down. Two of our three wins against Boston were by shutout. Lol. The other game was a 3-2 OT win. I really don't think Schneider being in net would have changed anything. Maybe the team loses 2-0 instead of 4-0 in game seven. Who knows?

I love the Benchmark set because of the Rome suspension basically every other suspension after that occurring in the regular season would be at least 15 games for a clean hit .5 seconds late.. oh.. wait thats not even suspension worthy in the preseason to any other team or player since... 

As for AV he made some poor choices but it was the players on the ice and more so the reffs that cost them the cup. 

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Lmao! What do you think about them now? Still one of the best to ever exist?

Yes they won 62 games in the season which tied the record. Making them objectively one of the greatest teams of all time. Thats what I was telling you before

14 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Yes they won 62 games in the season which tied the record. Making them objectively one of the greatest teams of all time. Thats what I was telling you before

Yep 62 wins with shootout wins now instead of ties. Detroit of 96' isn't mentioned as "one of the greatest of all time" i'm not sure how Tampa will be remembered that way if they lose before the finals. But good to see you livin' the dream!

20 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Yep 62 wins with shootout wins now instead of ties. Detroit of 96' isn't mentioned as "one of the greatest of all time" i'm not sure how Tampa will be remembered that way if they lose before the finals. But good to see you livin' the dream!

Detroit didn't have a salary cap they were an all star team with 10 future hhof players. Tampa has max 4

Archived