The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Melnyk, Sens Wound Up Looking Like Geniuses

Rate this topic

***VOLCANO WARNING***** in Ottawa!!!(Red alert!!!:^)

Gotta say, been so impressed with these young guys lately. They're still giving their all, & competing despite the couth & multiple injuries.

Imagine getting Batherson, Norris & Chabot back?

Then howz'bout adding a JAKE SANDERSON?! Also a bit of time for all these young D to grow. Greig, Boucher, Pinto, Kleven. Holy smokes, when this thing blows you'd best not even FLY over Ontario! :^O

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

***VOLCANO WARNING***** in Ottawa!!!(Red alert!!!:^)

Gotta say, been so impressed with these young guys lately. They're still giving their all, & competing despite the couth & multiple injuries.

Imagine getting Batherson, Norris & Chabot back?

Then howz'bout adding a JAKE SANDERSON?! Also a bit of time for all these young D to grow. Greig, Boucher, Pinto, Kleven. Holy smokes, when this thing blows you'd best not even FLY over Ontario! :^O

Dorion's done a hell of a job considering he works for a bum who doesn't care about winning.  I don't see Melnyk paying what is going to be needed to supplement a very strong young core though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Dorion's done a hell of a job considering he works for a bum who doesn't care about winning.  I don't see Melnyk paying what is going to be needed to supplement a very strong young core though.

& yet they've shelled out for some of the young studs, already. My prediction is EM sells this scam(for an obscene profit) to some yank-schlub, Buttman lines up. Then they'll move it stateside. To shut up the gullible, bleating Cdn masses, they'll move the lousy Yotes to Quebec.

edit: Now that I ponder it, could even be an extra reason they've drafted an inordinate amount of US talent.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

• Nuxfanabroad changed the title to Melnyk, Sens Wound Up Looking Like Geniuses
On 3/27/2019 at 8:39 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Threads can occasionally use a devil's advocate angle, depending on subject..not as if any media pretends to understand this bloke(they sure seem to dislike him). Kudos to the guy for p*ssing off any media, in today's rigged news.

I've made it no secret that I have a soft spot for these hapless Sens, & feel their current situation is worth a decent glance.

^Is THIS the scenario you want to go to Ottawa(Corruption-ville) bureaucrats, cap-in-hand looking to get a favourable downtown deal? I wouldn't call that visionary.

Today, just watched a Utube reflection on the Ott/SJ, EK ABSOLUTE-Larceny! It warmed my heart, as I hated them lousy, cheating, diving Sharks.

At the time of this thread's origin(early 2019) many were still critical of this trade, & Melnyk, of course. My argument was they had PLENTY reason then to go young, cheap(AAV); rebuild & try to get a new arena..either that, or sell a very young, growing/surging, attractive NHL roster.

Time has certainly borne this out. Appears today they ARE getting that new arena, eh?

Would even say this might have ramifications on a trade market to this very day. For our Miller deal  we all appear to be waiting on: Likely GM's reflect on deals like the Karlsson-debacle, & are somewhat reluctant to add too many pieces(for one biggie) in this current cap reality.

Title Edit: I changed the title of this thread, with respect to the recent passing of Ottawa's owner.

Lastly..COVID19. No one could've seen the absolute devastation to society & economy that was in the cards. So in a sense, Dorion & Mr Melnyk also wound up with a perfect time to transition into a younggg squad deeeeeep with picks rds 1-3. In retrospect, appears you couldn't execute it all any more perfectly(even with a freeken time machine!)

If one analyzes the rebuilds of the Laffs & Sens, it becomes obvious that these are PRECISE OPPOSITEs to study.

Folks kept saying(first 2 pages of thread), Sens weren't willing to shell out real $. Well, they are now!

Chabot

Tkachuk

Norris

Appears they found a sweet spot, about 8 mill-ish, x eternity. They got all these young buds locked-in, similarly, to grow together.

Within 3 yrs, THIS is probably the squad to end the 3 decade, Cdn Cup-drought!

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If one analyzes the rebuilds of the Laffs & Sens, it becomes obvious that these are PRECISE OPPOSITEs to study.

Folks kept saying(first 2 pages of thread), Sens weren't willing to shell out real $. Well, they are now!

Chabot

Tkachuk

Norris

Appears they found a sweet spot, about 8 mill-ish, x eternity. They got all these young buds locked-in, similarly, to grow together.

The main reason the Sens are willing to spend out money is that the bigoted piece of **** that owned them is dead and his successors actually care about icing a competitive team.

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The main reason the Sens are willing to spend out money is that the bigoted piece of **** that owned them is dead and his successors actually care about icing a competitive team.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Can’t help but wonder if these Sens become a powerhouse or a farm team for the contenders of the league.

They definitely have an envious prospect pipeline, rightfully so. I still feel like it's going to be a couple years though before they are competing with the best. They will need some young defenseman to step up right away and hopefully Talbot plays well, he's not the answer in net though long term.

Edited by Harold Drunken

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

They definflty have an envious prospect pipeline, rightfully so. I still feel like it's going to be a couple years though before they are competing with the best. They will need some young defenseman to step up right away and hopefully Talbot plays well, he's not the answer in net though long term.

I have them as a surprise bubble team this year, but they're definitely a couple of years away from being more than that.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 5:23 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Chabot

Tkachuk

Norris

On the surface I'm not thrilled about Norris getting 8 mil/year, however the cap will keep on rising and that will be an okay deal as long as he keeps on improving.  

Sorry to bring it back to the Canucks, but I really hope that we manage to cap off our salaries with our best players.  We've already done that with Quinn, Elias, and Demko to a point.  We just need Horvat and/or Miller to accept reasonable deals and it will make it impossible/embarrassing for anyone else on our team to demand more then 7 mil/year when they're not the best players on the team.  

Anyways I'm very happy that Ottawa's killing it this off-season.  I'll be cheering for them in the East.  They're also going to be a sneaky tough/annoying team to play against, not only because of Tkachuk but also some of the other guys that they have.  I think that they will emerge alongside the Rangers as a top contender in the East in 2-3 years as long as they don't lose players to free agency, etc.  

• 3 weeks later...