Sign in to follow this  
Davathor

Quinn Hughes nickname thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well if Huggy sticks I can live with it.  As long as it comes from the locker room or a credible source and not some crazy fan base thing.    Someone here mentioned Tintin and that made me laugh, he does look a little like him and is a boy playing a mans game.   Huggy won’t strike fear into the opposition- but neither will his size - ever - so don’t have a problem with it.   As long as it’s not “Huggies”, getting named after a diaper isn’t cool at all. 

In the Instagram, Sutter was the one who thought of it on draft day and sometime earlier this year Hubby Bear wore a tshirt with a little bear insignia and it kinda took off from there, in the locker room.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4Ftku0Hu1D/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

In the Instagram, Sutter was the one who thought of it on draft day and sometime earlier this year Hubby Bear wore a tshirt with a little bear insignia and it kinda took off from there, in the locker room.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4Ftku0Hu1D/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

 

Well he is kind of cute - especially with the puck on his stick.   Wasn’t sold on him at the draft - figured Bouchard was a better pick - it’s early days yet and both could have good-great careers (fantasy mags have Bouchard pencilled in to run their first PP unit sooner then later) but came around last year.  Now I’m all for Huggy to become a force of nature on our blueline for the next decade.    At this point I wouldn’t bet on him been the worse of the Hughes brothers either - sure he’s a year older but he’s also a defenseman - could put him upfront and he’d help EP and BB become one of the best lines in hockey.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just call him Hefner... As in Hugh(es) Hefner.  He's gonna get the girls with the stardom in front of him lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

In the Instagram, Sutter was the one who thought of it on draft day and sometime earlier this year Hubby Bear wore a tshirt with a little bear insignia and it kinda took off from there, in the locker room.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4Ftku0Hu1D/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

 

I believe he also referenced Huggy Bear

from the movie starsky & hutch which is

pretty dope :lol:

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

In the Instagram, Sutter was the one who thought of it on draft day and sometime earlier this year Hubby Bear wore a tshirt with a little bear insignia and it kinda took off from there, in the locker room.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4Ftku0Hu1D/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

 

 

Hughes mentioned he's been called "Q ball".  Pretty good.  But Huggy Bear will stick.  One question; how does Sutter pull out a character from an old 70's American kitch TV show as the first name he can think of?

 

Scan-124-e1515323374492.jpeg

 

 

Okay, a theory;  Starksy and Hutch are Boeser and Petey, and Huggy is the third piece, the backup defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Huggy" is a great nickname, it has character, actually means something, is funny, and does play off his last name, to some degree.

 

Its better than 99% of hockey nicknames that are just some lazy quickhand for a player's name like "Sutts" or " Schallsy".

Edited by Bitter Melon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Hughes mentioned he's been called "Q ball".  Pretty good.  But Huggy Bear will stick.  One question; how does Sutter pull out a character from an old 70's American kitch TV show as the first name he can think of?

 

Scan-124-e1515323374492.jpeg

 

 

Okay, a theory;  Starksy and Hutch are Boeser and Petey, and Huggy is the third piece, the backup defender.

The 2004 Ben Stiller movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to take the high road and assume that Sutter thinks nicknaming Quinn "Huggy Bear" will benefit the kid in his career. Id hate to think Sutter isn't putting the team first.  He helped Goldobins development by calling him out on balls...didnt he?  Lol. Suts fans can fill us in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

"Huggy" is a great nickname, it has character, actually means something, is funny, and does play off his last name, to some degree.

 

Its better than 99% of hockey nicknames that are just some lazy quickhand for a player's name like "Sutts" or " Schallsy".

Are you referring to the greatest scorer in Canucks history Timsky Schalatov? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Hmmmstar trek q GIF

Hmmm, The Q

We already have an Alien in EP

But the Q ,could turn out to be the defensive version with any luck

 

The Q

He is an extra-dimensional being of unknown origin who possesses immeasurable power over normal human notions of time, space, the laws of physics, and reality itself, being capable of altering it to his whim.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.